After a few alterations got then to fit together and the canopy sit nice on the platform.

Love the canopy.

Just seen one of these kits on a layout at the Hartlepool show and really look the look of it.  How robust is it once the roof is on?  If I go for it mine will end up being on the platform near the front of the layout and so will likely get knocked a bit with the boys reaching over?

Also, I will have to modify it a bit too as my bay platform has one straight side and one curved side.  So how easy do you think it will be to modify it to fit.?

Cheers

Love the canopy.

Just seen one of these kits on a layout at the Hartlepool show and really look the look of it.  How robust is it once the roof is on?  If I go for it mine will end up being on the platform near the front of the layout and so will likely get knocked a bit with the boys reaching over?

Also, I will have to modify it a bit too as my bay platform has one straight side and one curved side.  So how easy do you think it will be to modify it to fit.?

Cheers

Its layers of card so easy to alter and seems strong i had to cut out part of the main beam of the center legs to fit over the waiting room .

The kids have knocked it about a bit as i have it a the front of the layout so it get hit when the reach across the station and it seems to be holding up to it 

I would recommend i like the look of it a lot and am planning to get more .

thanks for lookin in again pal. 

Glad you like it have you done any more with your layout pal?

I have the materials for the baseboard sitting in my shed.  Hoping to start building this weekend. 

Track, point motors, controller, decoders etc ordered too and should be here in the next day or two.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Thanks for the kind words there such a great kit i really like them . not sure if to try some on the other platform but i like how open it is with the signal box and newspaper stand .

Yep, I agree, I would leave the other side more open, it looks really good like that.

Al

• 2 weeks later...

post-28330-0-19927600-1479046209_thumb.jpg

BR Blue class 85 arrives at New Whitt station with a sunday only service from Birmingham new street to Euston .

(An early birthday present from the wife) 

What a stunning loco with cab and interior lights as standard etched BR double arrows in the box and  the pan looks just right lots of detail on the roof and runs superb on dc just got to find a decoder for it .

• Like 2

attachicon.gifIMG_0641.jpg

BR Blue class 85 arrives at New Whitt station with a sunday only service from Birmingham new street to Euston .

(An early birthday present from the wife) 

What a stunning loco with cab and interior lights as standard etched BR double arrows in the box and  the pan looks just right lots of detail on the roof and runs superb on dc just got to find a decoder for it .

You lucky,lucky man ,She's a keeper your missus  ;) . Nice to see you've got an AL5 for the layout, they are a craking loco with smooth running as standard.

Very festive mate. Just need some snow and some festive music.  :D

Canopy looks superb and I especially like the picture of the 85 with the pan up. The overheads make all the difference.

Great modelling. 

Cheers

Marcus

Ta marcus the 85 is now one of my fav locos now just a massive credit to Bachmann and the wires are just very good to and its that time of year again :angel: and the tree is so very smart  :sungum: hope you enjoyed the 59 today

post-28330-0-69415200-1479742661_thumb.jpg

The detail on models now is so good compared to when i started "playing with trains " as a kid with cast resin and 3d printing you can get some amazing stuff at a great price.

found this on a well known auction site and just thought it looked so smart and reminded me of those visits to the works as a kid 

its a sulzer 12 cylinder class 47 power unit 

• Like 5