Warley NEC Exhibition November 26th and 27th 2016

Barry O

• RMweb Premium

Well, the invites are out - the demonstrator invites went out today and layout and display stand invites are also out.

This year the first demonstrator reply was from Gordon Gravett - he will be giving a "hands on" demo for ground coverage. 

More information as the year progresses.

Baz

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to Barry (or maybe not depending on your viewpoint :O) I'll be there again to hurl abuse/give out advice/generally chat about the weather or the price of fish whilst trying to do a bit of a demo on modifying RTR stuff.

Because last year didn't have too much yellow, it is likely that there will be a redress of that situation this year. But don't tell Barry........

These are the two coaches I started at last year's event.

post-408-0-65915400-1454433450_thumb.jpg

So I do try and get round to (almost) finishing stuff.

Cheers,
Mick

We've been invited back as a trader. Last year was our first time at Warley. Great event, so much to see the layouts are superb and the demonstration tables were very informative. We didn't get much time to look around but what we did get chance to see was fantastic. We look forward to November 2016

• RMweb Premium

Thanks to Barry (or maybe not depending on your viewpoint :O) I'll be there again to hurl abuse/give out advice/generally chat about the weather or the price of fish whilst trying to do a bit of a demo on modifying RTR stuff.

Because last year didn't have too much yellow, it is likely that there will be a redress of that situation this year. But don't tell Barry........

attachicon.gifT2 (1).jpg

Cheers,

Mick

hang on .. they aren't yellow Mick......

hat, coat, bye!

Baz

• RMweb Premium

hang on .. they aren't yellow Mick......

hat, coat, bye!

Baz

But that's because you said don't bring too much yellow last year.....

{sighs}

Can't win..........

:jester:

Cheers,

Mick

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I will be returning to exhibit at Warley 2016 after having a year of for good behaviour.

This time a change in direction from my normal Narrow Gauge offerings with a Oil Drum Lane a modern DCC operated DRS depot layout.

post-2180-0-83377700-1455438822.jpeg

• 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

Last year it was the 3mm Society celebrating their anniversary at the show.

This year it will be the Scalefour Society who will have a special section of the show to celebrate their 40th Anniversary as a Society. Looking forward to seeing this in between my demoing duties.

Baz

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Paperwork received today. Come and find me on stand A53 - just look for the yellow glow.

Note to Barry O - envelope on table, ready to post tomorrow.........

Pity about the full size display.... :locomotive:

Cheers,

Mick

attachicon.gifT2 (1).jpg

Cheers,

Mick

I did enjoy chatting to you last year, I might have to annoy you again.  :angel:

• RMweb Premium

Yes lots of cardboard large "envelopes" are being delivered to the Exhibitors, Demonstrators, Society Stands and Traders.

For the demos I have a box of envelopes ready for posting when I receive a letter signing off the receipt and reading if the CDM guidelines. I have assembled a wide variety of demonstrators again covering a wide range of modelling skills and techniques.

Materials in modelling: whitemetal kit building  Tony Wright Materials in modelling - Mike Edge Etched Kit Design and construction Materials in Modelling - Simon Thompson 3D Printing For all Scales - Gordon Gravett  Static Grass and ground cover For all Scales  - Signals and Signal Control -Steve Hewitt For all Scales  - fitting DCC chips  Simon Howard For all Scales  -Gauge and Scales David Fairhurst  For all Scales  - Mick Bryan Modifying Modern RTR rolling stock For all Scales  -  Ian Mellors  Loco and stock servicing Meet the expert - Dave Walker constructing Large Scale locomotives and stock Meet the expert  - Liz Marsden  Large scale painting and lining Meet the expert - Peter Kazer  Narrow Gauge Modelling Meet the expert  2mm locos and wagon building  - Jerry Clifford Meet the expert- Coach building in the smaller scales - John Aldrick Warley MRC - Paul Stokes  S7 demo Warley MRC - Ian Woodward coach building Warley MRC - Ian Rathbone painting and lining in the smaller scales Warley MRC   - Richard Syms  Lincs Couplings Warley MRC - Dave Roberts Building O Gauge Plastic Kits Warley MRC -Barry Oliver -Weathering Warley MRC - RDE Brown - Large Scale design Shows You How - Kendal MRC

Baz

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Paper work arrived today, I'm on stand A55.

Envelope in the post on its way back.

Looking forward to the show and catching up with everyone.

If your visiting the show please stop by the table and say hi.

Cheers

Simon

• RMweb Premium

I went to this exhibition for the first time last year but sadly will have to miss it this year as I will be guard on the Mid Hants RAT on the Saturday when I would have attended. Have a great time everyone.

• RMweb Premium

And this year the first demo returns are

Mick Bryan

Steve Hewitt and

Ian Woodward

Well done!

The exhibitors have all received the floorplan with their packs - I can't scan it but there will be plenty to see and do (and buy!).

Baz

• RMweb Gold

And this year the first demo returns are

Mick Bryan

Steve Hewitt and

Ian Woodward

Well done!

The exhibitors have all received the floorplan with their packs - I can't scan it but there will be plenty to see and do (and buy!).

Baz

I've sent mine back without having to be reminded, got to be worth a well done Barry!

Jerry

• RMweb Premium

I've sent mine back without having to be reminded, got to be worth a well done Barry!

Jerry

It arrived today along with two others. Return letters to be posted tomorrow. Well done!

Baz

• RMweb Premium

More responses received and large envelopes sent.

Demonstrators seem to doing OK.

Remember that the idea behind the demos is to ask and learn, with a few hands on. Bring a wagon or loco and have a go at weathering with me for instance.

Baz

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

It is the 40th anniversary year of the Scalefour Society.

They continue their celebrations at Warley National 2016 on stands D27 - D31 where you will find the Society stand, a Scalefour demonstration and the following layouts -

Birmingham Moor Street by Simon Stevens;

Blackgill, by Eddie Ford;

Clarendon & Scrubbs Lane, by the Leamington & Warwick MRC;

Croft Depot by Duncan Willcock;

London Road by Jol Wilkinson

and

Minories by Howard Bolton. 

I am particularly looking forward to seeing Blackgill.

Baz

• RMweb Premium

On behalf of Worthing MRC, we're all really excited to be there with our 'Loftus Road' layout in 4mm scale, inspired by Kensington Olympia on the West London Line.

We can't compete with anything finescale but we'll try and put on a good show! ;)

28185880122_240ae32b48_b.jpgLoftus Road by Worthing MRC by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

27144510156_fe3e335425_b.jpgLoftus Road by Worthing MRC by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

28191764733_726d8e822f_b.jpgScratchbuilt Electrostar 377504 by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

29181026531_a7ded9d55b_b.jpgScratchbuilt shops for Worthing MRC Loftus Road by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

27674962654_a174a71718_b.jpgFGW HST by James Makin by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

27674142584_bf4871e33b_b.jpgLFB Fire Engine by James Makin for Worthing MRC Loftus Road by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

28091171470_24fbd6a4e6_b.jpgLoftus Road by Worthing MRC by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

27109022251_10de4692ba_b.jpgLoftus Road by Worthing MRC by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

27673845043_f4a553a512_b.jpgScratchbuilt petrol station by James Makin for Worthing MRC's Loftus Road by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

28185424652_dcbd209d8d_b.jpgScratchbuilt petrol station by James Makin for Worthing MRC's Loftus Road by jamesmakin2002, on Flickr

If you've not seen us before, we have a thread going here - http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/69628-loftus-road-by-worthing-mrc/ 

Very much looking forward to meeting fellow RMWebbers at the show, please do stop by and say hello!

Cheers,

James

Archived