Warley NEC Exhibition November 26th and 27th 2016

Barry O

• RMweb Gold

Are the usual gatherings planned at 'Spoons, 13:00 on Sat and Sun?

I would if I could but I can't as I shan't be there at all this year (for reasons which some of you are aware of).  This means I shall miss the shock announcement by xxxxxx of a forthcoming new model or not be able to view the latest samples of another forthcoming model from XXXXX.  Nor shall i see in the plastic' models being announced by xxxxx for xxxxx or the engineering prototype of xxxxx previously announced by xxxx, or even a total surprise from xxxxx -one or two of which might actually be of interest to me.  Far more importantly I will miss several layouts I had very much looked forward to fighting my way through crowds to get at least a passing glimpse of the leyout before getting a backpack in my eye or a waft of some unwashed character.

Regrettably it means I shan't be able to purchase several newly announced books either or buy anything I might have bought but please give me a passing thought when quaffing your pint.

• RMweb Gold

I had very much looked forward to fighting my way through crowds to get at least a passing glimpse of the leyout before getting a backpack in my eye or a waft of some unwashed character.

I've stopped washing already and there's just 3 days worth of loo paper between the 2 of us.....

• RMweb Premium

Exhibition news. This picture is of Bob Harper's layout 'Megantic', On2 Scale. (US O Scale, 2 ft gauge) which replaces 'Grime Street' at C45 'Grime Street' has had to withdraw for personal reasons, all being well it will attend in 2017

15065250_1485434348137445_62308151377044

-PAXP-deijE.gif

OK. How much is the parking going to be this year.

Anyone know by any chance.

Terry.

Should be £12 according to http://www.thenec.co.uk/visitors/parking/

Same situation as last year where it's cheaper to park in a nearby local train station car park and catch the train up though ;-) (Hampton-in-Arden has a (fairly large) free car park and is only £2.20 off-peak day return!)

• RMweb Gold

Same situation as last year where it's cheaper to park in a nearby local train station car park and catch the train up though ;-) (Hampton-in-Arden has a (fairly large) free car park and is only £2.20 off-peak day return!)

So has Tile Hill slightly futher down the line.

Good evening all!

Unfortunately I don't get time to see most of the layouts let alone have a meet up.

Forward planning and time management spring to mind!

So has Tile Hill slightly futher down the line.

Used to spend my lunch breaks in Tile Hill's car park!

RAILWAY STATION or just plain Station please

Experience tells me that this does not work well on Sunday.  When I tried it a couple of years ago the first train from HiA to International was 08.31, the booking office was shut and the permit to travel machine failed.  I will try my luck at International station car park.

Chris

• RMweb Premium

Anyone interested in sharing a car & travel costs from Loughborough/South Notts area to Warley on the Sunday morning? Only an hour from here. PM me if interested.

Dava

If you choose Birmingham International the charges are £9.00

I'm pretty sure I heard somewhere the Ts and Cs of the BHI Car Park state it's only for rail customers, I'm not sure a journey from BHI to BHI is really a journey...

The local train station car parking is far better for Saturday Visiting...

Resort World (shopping centre thing) is right next to the NEC... It has it's own car park and that is certainly cheaper than NEC and BHI Car Parks... https://www.resortsworldbirmingham.co.uk/getting-here/#img1 £3 for 5 hours seems decent. Not sure on it's Ts and Cs but I'm sure you could quickly pop into a shop ;-) (or the cinema for free parking)

map67.png

Strictly speaking, you're only supposed to use the station car park if you're a rail user. In practice, it isn't enforced, at least not any more. Before the multi-storey car park was built, they would sometimes randomly switch off the car park ticket payment machines and force you to pay at the cash desk, where they would then refuse to let you pay unless you could show a valid ticket for travel. But now that there's plenty of capacity in the car park, particularly at weekends, they don't bother.

As stated it is £9/day at weekends for Birmingham International station.

It is £5/day at Coventry at weekends. Tile Hill, Canley and Berkswell are all free, but finding a space can be a challenge sometimes (less so at weekends, but on busy weekends just as much as during the week).

Archived