How do I obtain seated passengers for a miniature railway?

Hi,

I have a OO gauge model railway based on the preserved Severn Valley Railway. It includes a model of Kidderminster Station. I have used a T gauge (1:450, 3mm gauge) railway to represent the 'Coalyard Miniature Railway' that runs alongside the station area (from by the museum building to the far end of the car park). I have two T Gauge 'engines' and four carriages that I've modeled to represent a 1/76th scale 'ride on' miniature railway.

Whilst there are many suppliers of 'seated passengers', what I need for my 'ride on' miniature train are people whose legs are straddling the 'sit on' carriage. I was thinking of either having to butcher the hips & legs of standard seated passengers, or perhaps relying on some kind of horse riding or cavalry figures. The problem with this approach is that a miniature railway will attract family units (with young children) rather than a squadron of mounted cuirassiers!

Any suggestions on a supply or easier approach please?

You might like to try the Subbuteo seated crowd figures. Many do have slightly splayed legs, which should be fairly easy to modify to suit sitting astride a railway carriage. Of course many are also waving their arms, so it will look like your passengers are really enjoying themselves!

A miniature Footex perhaps?  :jester:

Archived