Fantastic video of the trans-Pennine routes, Colin. The Woodhead footage, WITH SOUND, is amazing. It's great to see, and hear, the Class 76s in action, hear a Class 123/4 pulling away, and see a Class 13 doing what it was designed to do.

Thanks for taking the time and effort to allow us to watch these online. Add my name to the list for a DVD of the HD stuff!

Arp

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I’ve posted this one elsewhere, but in case you missed it.

I took my Dad over to the Harz Mountains earlier this month on a trip organised by Ffestiniog Travel. Due to the amount of snow, the line up the Brocken was closed, however, we got plenty of 2-10-2T action, trips on metre gauge railcars, involved in an accident which in turn resulted in steam substituting for a railcar which gave me perhaps my best ever steam shot.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

I’ve only just come across this thread and very much enjoyed yesterday’s film. It took me back to childhood holidays in Scotland and I have stood watching trains go by at many of the locations you visited. Many thanks for sharing these!

• 5 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Here is the latest cine film I've had digitised, Rail 1983.

It includes, the last Harwich Boat Train at Romiley, Welsh Marches Express (with run pasts, remember them?), Strathspey Railway, Bo'ness Railway, North Yorkshire Moors Railway, Steamport Southport,Dinting Railway Centre and Rail Riders Deltic Day Out. I've upgraded my Vimeo account so its in HD. I've had a couple of people asking if they can download my video's, you should be able to although you might need to get a vimeo account first (the basic level is free).

• 11 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I’ve now digitised my very first cine film, Rail 1982 & 1983, obviously the quality has improved since then. 

Its 30 minutes long and includes scenes just outside Paddington, KWVR, Midland Railway Centre, various steam specials, the very last BR Deltic run and Dinting Railway Centre.

• Like 4

• RMweb Premium

Another great film Colin.

I knew why the cl. 50s were called 'Hoovers' but that's the first time I've actually heard the sound!

I have seen many other videos of them but only after refurbishment (when they lost the air filtration system)

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...
On 04/12/2019 at 03:22, ColinK said:

I’ve now digitised my very first cine film, Rail 1982 & 1983, obviously the quality has improved since then. 

Its 30 minutes long and includes scenes just outside Paddington, KWVR, Midland Railway Centre, various steam specials, the very last BR Deltic run and Dinting Railway Centre.

HI Colin, great video. Brings back happy memories of Dinting. Is that an overhead wiring train in the background at 28:40? Cheers, Jim

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • RMweb Premium

I've had my very last cine film digitised and just finished converting it into video. It is Rail 1987, is 34 minutes long and is on the link below.

The first 20 minutes are of a trip to the Wutachtalbahn in Germany, nicknamed the 'Pigtail Line' because of it curves and bridges. Followed by Diesels at Earle's Sidings (note the Pacer with the original four section doors), Flying Scotsman on Manchester - Southport specials, 48151 on a Derby - Buxton rail tour (plus some diesel action at Peak Forest, including an ICI shunter) and ends with a brief visit to the East Lancs Railway.

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

One of my friends put together a slide show covering BR blue diesels and electrics on passenger trains between 1978 and 1984 for his railway club.  My job was to convert it into a video and load it onto my Vimeo account. It is really good and deserves a wider audience, so with his agreement I’ve posted part 1 below. You will not have seen any of the photos before.  If you enjoy it I’ll post part 2 in a few days time.

• Like 1