Static Grass lumps

• RMweb Gold

I just break them up with fingers if they get big. The smaller ones soon disappear while shaking to apply the grass.

I'd guess the grass in the containers is getting partially charged or something making it clump.

Hi. I have just been involved in this for the Risborough and district MRC Okehampton layout.

We found that the clumps were best broken initially by hand if large then dropped into a coffee grinder ( idea care of Gordon Gravett)

it is then best transferred to the static grass dispenser asap. If left, i.e. in an ice cream container until you have a good quantity then it starts to clump again, probably due to static.

If you want to mix colours then you may need to 'grind' them twice, 1st to build a stock of mixed grass, then redone to remove the clumps immediately prior to laying

philbax

Thank you very much Philbax ,I do have trouble with my grass as I just cant get it to stand {well most of the grass} Im using different lengths from 2 mm to 6 mm using PVA glue putting a pin into the glue using a Ebay dispenser which has a good electric charge  and hee haw .have you any ideas please

Archived