North Shore Exhibition (Forestville) 2016

St Enodoc

• RMweb Premium

The annual North Shore Railway Modellers' Association exhibition will be held as usual on the first weekend in March, Saturday and Sunday 5 - 6/3/16 at Forestville Memorial Halls.

More details are at http://www.nsrma.com.au/exhibition.htm.

Several RMWebbers will be exhibiting or attending this year.

post-21039-0-33037300-1455342749_thumb.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Some photos are now on Flickr of this show.

I have been going to this show for years since I was I little one now 42 and can say this year was saw a great improvement over the last few years in the Variety of displays

A great day out was had.

Enjoy the photos

Link to photo album

https://flic.kr/s/aHskuKnWyt

A small selection

25491264786_dbcd857835_c.jpgForrestville Exhibition by CHRIS, on Flickr

24887686544_926b62d4eb_c.jpgForrestville Exhibition by CHRIS, on Flickr

25521490035_5f79822039_c.jpgForrestville Exhibition by CHRIS, on Flickr

25428834441_2678e31542_c.jpgForrestville Exhibition by CHRIS, on Flickr

25492056276_1fa6ccd9d4_c.jpgForrestville Exhibition by CHRIS, on Flickr

• RMweb Premium

Some nice photos there and I did spot St Enodoc hiding in one of the photos.

Baz

Yes you did - fortunately for everyone a rear view. The layout in question is RudderC's Uley Junction. I'm pointing towards the two Home signals, each with working stencil route indicators for MAIN, BAY and SDGS. Exquisite. The first shot features gazmanjack of this parish with his lovely little Linden Ford inglenook.

Ahhh we can put a face to the name... Interesting that BRMA stand sort of appears in one of the photos. I am not sure if there is one at the Sandown expo this weekend here in Melbourne I will find it tomorrow when I head along!

• RMweb Premium

Ahhh we can put a face to the name... Interesting that BRMA stand sort of appears in one of the photos. I am not sure if there is one at the Sandown expo this weekend here in Melbourne I will find it tomorrow when I head along!

Darn, I've been rumbled.

The BRMA stand is somewhat basic, consisting of a couple of display cases and a signboard. I believe that all these were made by the late Alex Mathieson. This year we were a bit tight for space at Forestville so only used one of the display cases but as a bonus there was a piano behind our space so we put the sign on top of that. Barry O will be relieved to know that I didn't play it though.

As usual a good number of people took membership forms away - let's hope some of them come back!

Well I can report no BRMA stand at this years Sandown. It was a nice 2hrs nothing really grabed me. Interesting that a number of the layouts were for sale. Another aside I managed to buy nothing! No interesting bits there was a built B16 (DJH) but left it there as it really didn't enthuse me! Good entertainment but as I was looking for enlightenment it was lacking. Did have a chat to a few people they were saying that the numbers were down.

Archived