Another JLTRT class 37 with a twist!

Vin

Hi Lee,

My work keeps getting in the way as well, but as I usually have Thursdays and Fridays off so I can get lots done. Since I took the last photo, I've finished the priming so it is now the fun bit. The difficult green fade paint job.

I've also noticed that I've run out of motors as well. Oops.

Regards

Vin

Hi all,

Progress on the painting is well underway now.

post-11695-0-78467700-1458497237.jpg

I don't know what the camera has done to the blue but it is definitely reflex blue. So up to now I have applied 2 coats of warning yellow on a white base, left them for 24 hours and then masked up for the red which is a mix of flat red and vermillion to give it some brightness. Another 24 hours later, I've applied the blue in two coats on a primer grey base. As I knew the Reflex blue wouldn't give a deep blue finish on a grey base I cheated a bit, mixing Ral 5002 (Blue (almost pure blue)) and a couple of drops of Scarlet red RAL 3020. This makes a darker blue than the final finish with a tint of purple which means the DRS blue can coat the base colour without any problems. I didn't coat the final blue over the roof line as the purple base will be a nice base for the black roof.

post-11695-0-64591000-1458497255.jpg

This is my test piece for the green fade and is 1:1 scale for the bodyside of JLTRT kit. Believe it or not but this is the same colour as the bodyside but I think the white background has confused the camera.

Finally I found some motors, Mashima 1833 in the spares box but one is single ended and the other double. Not that will make any difference as I'm not going to put any flywheels on. So I'll put the single shafted one under the fan end so it does catch the mass of wiring which has come from all those lights.

Regards

Vin

• 1 month later...

Archived