New Minerva Model

81A Oldoak

I suggested the Kerr Stuart Victory to Chris Klein after the Fowler was released! So I feel sort of obligated to order one. Better start saving.

Anyway, I believe it is a good choice. 2 ended up with the GWR, one with the East Kent Railway and the rest in industry. There are articles in both the Railway Modeller and Railway Bylines, both with 7mm scale drawings. Again it gives a wide spread of uses for modellers.

Could we have the references to the articles please.

Another with an overhanging bunker, makes using 3 link couplings so much more difficult :O An interesting choice, and usefully an 0-6-0 - makes pick up on industrial track so much more reliable.

Paul

• RMweb Premium

Sounds good - any idea of the price for early orders?

Available in three liveries - Black, Lined Green and Lined Red (flyer doesn't quote the shade of green or red)

£20 discount and free post if ordered direct from Minerva by 5th September (that's the Monday after Guildex at Telford)

Standard price £270 plus £9 postage

£320 with DCC

£390 with DCC and Sound

Oh! - whilst looking at my flyer from Minerva to check the price for you I have just spotted an unfortunate typo as the postage for the sound fitted loco is listed as £98. I'm sure Chris and Chris will be along soon to confirm that's a mistake !

EDIT to correct my own stupid typo as I had the price wrong - need to go to Specsavers (other Opticians are available)

Edited by Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

A nice prototype, made iconic to me by the superb minimum layout 'Llanastr' in MRJ, a....longgg time ago.  Looking forward to seeing a 7mm version.  The prototype being the B&M of course.

If you fancy bigger.....we've got a G1 live steam one coming soon !!!!

Railway Modeller: September 1966

Railway Bylines: July 1998

Both articles are by Don Townsley, who also drew the drawings. They are to 7mm scale and are the same in both magazines. The Bylines article has added material and more photos which are of better quality.

Paul

Thanks very much, I now have the Bylines one - I have the RM one somewhere but as you say the Bylines article is preferable, with a useful class history and photos. The Lambton one looks interesting.

Paul

Mmmmm, difficult. No doubt there will be many who - whilst not necessarily needing or wanting to accommodate such an engine as the Victory - will feel obligated to acquire one because of the Minerva pedigree.

This is known as the KLEIN CONUNDRUM, or in other words 'they've got you by the Bastens'.

• RMweb Premium

The Kerr Stuart Victory is a big beast and possibly an odd choice but will have a Welsh/GWR following. I hope it works out well for them.

Dava

• Like 1

Available in three liveries - Black, Lined Green and Lined Red (flyer doesn't quote the shade of green or red)

.....but will have a Welsh/GWR following.

Well it might if it were being produced in GWR green.

I gather it needs tank overlays fitting to be correct for GWR, and therefore would require reprinting anyway - which is why the GW green is not one of the base options. I stand correction, but I think they are including the necessary overlays.

Very, very tempted. I have fancied one of these since those drawings appeared in the Railway Modeller all those years ago, and I've always had it in my top 3 industrial locals. It's a big beast and, to my eye, rather lovely.

Strictly speaking it's just slightly too late for my layout but I doubt I'll let that stand in my way. I have already been thinking in terms of a subsidiary shunting layout after all. I'd like to have a bit more prototype information though, as part of me fancies the Alexandra Docks version. I suspect that would have been black with just an ownership/numberplate, but I don't know enough to be sure. 

An interesting choice, sadly not one to tempt me.... Anyone else noticed that Chris is continuing the tradition of bringing out rtr models of the Agenoria kits he's built?

Cheers,

Andrew

On behalf of kit manufacturers everywhere, can I appeal to Chris K NOT to publish a list of kits he has either built or in stock..........this information could spell disaster for sales for the next 10 years........

On behalf of kit manufacturers everywhere, can I appeal to Chris K NOT to publish a list of kits he has either built or in stock..........this information could spell disaster for sales for the next 10 years........

Well... As Agenoria have stopped producing O gauge kits, I think you've got a free hand. Sadly, suspect this offering will be slightly too large for my requirements, remembering the photo on the Cwm Bach thread with the Victory and Ixion Hudswell side by side. However, hasn't Chris built an Agenoria kit of the Hawthorn Leslie 0-4-0.... Doubt I could resist one of those!

Good luck with this venture, will see whether my resolve wilts once the models appear!

Cheers,

Andrew

• 1 year later...