Oxford Rail Wish List?

Edwardian

I'd like a Midland 2F and a Midland 1P personally.  The former was released by 00 works a few years ago but they're all sold out unfortunately.  I can't find any examples of 00 kits of Midland 1Ps but if the popularity of the Midland 1F is anything to go by then it should do quite well.

Edited by GWR8700

The "Carflat" is an inspired choice, would be great as a "Motorail" flat and the synergy with their car models must make it a good value-added commercial choice for Oxford.  A Motorail with a random mixed selection of 1960s and early 70s motors from the Oxford range would be great especially if the models really had a randomised selection of cars so the chances of buying two Carflats with identical loads were minimised!

• RMweb Premium

The "Carflat" is an inspired choice, would be great as a "Motorail" flat and the synergy with their car models must make it a good value-added commercial choice for Oxford.  A Motorail with a random mixed selection of 1960s and early 70s motors from the Oxford range would be great especially if the models really had a randomised selection of cars so the chances of buying two Carflats with identical loads were minimised!

A separate pack of assorted models would be preferable from my point of view.

• Like 2

A Midland Spinner and clerestory coaches with full lining and panelling  to go with it.

A decent GWR Dean Single in red/green pre-grouping livery ; the Hornby versions have been very crude and not much of an improvement on the old Lord of the Isles loco.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

I know that the Midland 0-4-4t has already been mentioned. But if the decade ever arrives were a manufacturer dose decide to produce the MR 0-4-4t. can we please have both the 1833 & 2228 classes.

• RMweb Gold

LNER J10 would surely be a candidate to use the Dean Goods approach and a C13 is a long shot but would be very welcome. GWR Saint to best modern standards would surely sell rather well?

Alastair M

Plus the N7 was first built in 1915, a true GER design, which was little modified by the LNER on grouping, and several retained their condensing apparatus.  They continued in use until 1957 I believe.

The H and P would be nice little models, though I seem to recall  something about Bachmann potentially doing that.

Mk3 unit stock would be good. Though 4car EMUs would probably be seen as too big a risk to some extent unless they're 'special'.

LNER J10 would surely be a candidate to use the Dean Goods approach and a C13 is a long shot but would be very welcome. GWR Saint to best modern standards would surely sell rather well?

Alastair M

:yes: A decent Saint is a big gap in the list of GWR models available.

Having received the latest Bachmann GWR Toads today, I certainly do think they are now in need of a new tooling. Either that or an alternate diagram such as a AA3 would be good to see.

I don't know if anyone has suggested it prior but a new Salt Van with a timber chassis rather than steel like Bachmann's would do nicely as well.

I'd like to see Oxford tackle the 'Sole' type ballast wagon, as far as I know it has never been produced as a kit, although at one point Cambrian were listing this as a possible future item. They were however quite common, long lived and well traveled in BR days. 

• 2 weeks later...