THE SIDINGS - Recreating the modern scene in a small space.

Nick G

Great pictures in rail express just seen them today after getting back from holiday and out of interest who's model was the nr150 and Caroline

Thanks Craig, Caroline is a Britannia Pacific kit with added detail and the Network Rail 950 (It was built as a Class 950 so never was a 150) used PHD etches. 

It was great to see "The Sidings" for the first time today at DEMU showcase. Great to catch up with Nick, John & Geoff

I took some pictures with my iphone, I'm sorry that they won't be up to "Digital" (john's) standard, but I had to take some pictures of this lovely little layout.

post-8832-0-32339700-1496528870_thumb.png

post-8832-0-66210000-1496529075_thumb.png

post-8832-0-25915600-1496529159_thumb.png

post-8832-0-28656000-1496529231_thumb.png

• Like 10

It was great to see "The Sidings" for the first time today at DEMU showcase. Great to catch up with Nick, John & Geoff

Great to see you Nigel.

Lovely little layout Nick, just goes to show you don't need track everywhere to produce something interesting.

Thanks Wayne.

So after doing 5 exhibitions in the last 6 months one thing really bugs me about the presentation. The boards are painted Matt Black and this seems to mark really easily with white-ish marks wherever the boards are touched. Today I have given the fiddle yard board a coat of Satin Black to see if this looks better. It looks a bit shiny in the photo but should dull down when the paint is thoroughly dry.

post-7968-0-51525900-1497197588_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Guest Digital

That looks much better to me.

It is amazing how many marks are picked up just going to one exhibition.

John.

That looks much better to me.

It is amazing how many marks are picked up just going to one exhibition.

Yes and it really bugs me! If the fiddle yard board looks ok when dry I will give the scenic board the same treatment.