THE SIDINGS - Recreating the modern scene in a small space.

Nick G

Will be interesting to see your new project develop. Tims boards are very nice I built up the 4 foot scenic board I got at showcase and just need to decide what to put on it.

Tim's boards are nice and a great alternative to building boards from scratch. I have built the 2' fiddle yard board and just need to build the 4' main board now.

Brilliant layout, read the article in Rail Express and was really impressed!

Thanks, glad you like it. Building another now, BR Blue 1979. Reliving my youth on the N Wales coast, 24's, 25's, 40's & 47's.

• Like 2

Just found this thread, being in the process of a downsizing house move this layout is so inspirational as I am not going to have a dedicated layout room.

Still we are moving to Pickering which of course does have a mighty fine railway in town

John

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Wonderful stuff Nick. Looking forward to watching this develop. Dyserth Road two?!! I bet your fed up of hearing that now :locomotive:

Cheers

Anthony 

• Like 1

Wonderful stuff Nick. Looking forward to watching this develop. Dyserth Road two?!! I bet your fed up of hearing that now :locomotive:

Thanks Anthony, it still surprises me how much inspiration Dyserth Road gave to others. I didn't realise at the time but back in 2002 I suppose DCC, lights and sounds was cutting edge technology! 

• Like 2

Thanks Anthony, it still surprises me how much inspiration Dyserth Road gave to others. I didn't realise at the time but back in 2002 I suppose DCC, lights and sounds was cutting edge technology!

I think having a good website with great photographs helped too Nick, better than most magazines at the time.

• RMweb Premium

It certainly was. I remember viewing Dyserth at the Nottingham show. Must of been 2003 time? All those lovely Lima locos, and the then new Bachmann 37419 IIRC. 

Cheers

Anthony 

• Like 1

Guest Digital

Hi Nick,

The latest photos of your stock are great, John's photography is top notch!  

Looking forward to seeing your new layout progress.

All the best, George.

Thank you for the kind comments about the photos.

It's Nick's great modelling skills that makes the photos stand out.

Regards

John

• 4 weeks later...

Been focused on planning my next project and I have neglected this page. The Sidings was set up today so here are a few snaps and one of the scenic board (just built) for my next project.

post-7968-0-00181500-1502639098_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-17649300-1502639105_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-77327200-1502639121_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Is it just the one scenic board Nick? Looking forward to developments.

Hi Martyn, that board will be the scenic Maentwrog Road section. To the right of that board will be the fiddle yard and eventually to the left of the Maentwrog Road board will be another scenic board of Trawsfynydd Lake Halt (disused) and the nuclear flask loading siding with crane.

Hi Martyn, that board will be the scenic Maentwrog Road section. To the right of that board will be the fiddle yard and eventually to the left of the Maentwrog Road board will be another scenic board of Trawsfynydd Lake Halt (disused) and the nuclear flask loading siding with crane.

Ah, right, yes I think you did mention that, cracking idea.