THE SIDINGS - Recreating the modern scene in a small space.

Nick G

• 2 months later...

Hi Nick, John,

It was really good to see your masterpiece yesterday, thanks for coming.

I actually missed you guys on my first pass but my mate dragged me back, the detail on this is quite remarkable - well done, lads!

In my very humble opinion, this is the sort of standard we should all be working towards, no matter what period or location we model.

Cheers,

John.

Guest Digital

Hi Nick, John,

It was really good to see your masterpiece yesterday, thanks for coming.

I actually missed you guys on my first pass but my mate dragged me back, the detail on this is quite remarkable - well done, lads!

In my very humble opinion, this is the sort of standard we should all be working towards, no matter what period or location we model.

Cheers,

John.

Thanks for your kind words. All the modelling and superb detailing is down to Nick who created this superb layout.

Regards

John

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I've recently joined rmweb, having come back to railway modelling after an absence of 25 years. I have just read through this thread, and what a fantastic little layout. Simple, yet beautifully detailed. Fantastic!

It's a credit to you.

I have been looking at various layouts for inspiration, and this has it in bucket loads.

As has been mentioned within this thread, a small, well detailed layout is certainly the way to go, as it is most likely to get finished.

This is certainly, along with several other small layouts I've seen, going inspire me to put some track down on a base board. I hope I can get to see it at an exhibition at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Back home from a weekend exhibiting at the East Anglian model railway exhibition. Fantastic exhibition, very friendly and well organised and a huge thanks to the exhibition manager, the stewards and all from St Neots club who made us feel very welcome. Thanks also to all who stopped for a chat and all the kind comments. A massive thank you to John & Geoff for their company and hard work over the weekend.

As you can see it was rather busy....

post-7968-0-43153200-1520841069_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-03333600-1520841084_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-24146800-1520841095_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...