THE SIDINGS - Recreating the modern scene in a small space.

Nick G

Great thanks, If I can find a clear frontal view and maybe resize and print off, cut to size and insert in the relay box. Some of it will me masked by the door and a hi-viz worker in front.

Well it gives you an idea, you can probably find similar looking regular electrical relay cabinets more square-on and do the same with.

But at the end of day, if so few know what should really be inside there .. who can say it's wrong :)

Why not entirely happy?  I can't see any obvious problems there.

Nothing major wrong but when the ballast has set properly I will scrape the loose ballast off the sleepers, probably tone down the ballast colour with my airbrush and give the rail sides another coat of rust colour.

post-7968-0-67503500-1457893170_thumb.jpg

post-7968-0-22946500-1457893182_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

One thing you might want to do if you're painting again is to rust up the last inch or so along the top of the rails by the buffers where nothing usually runs.

Good point, I painted the top of the rails behind the buffers but forgot the bit of rail in front. Thanks for the suggestion.

• Like 1

Good point, I painted the top of the rails behind the buffers but forgot the bit of rail in front. Thanks for the suggestion.

oil in the four foot from drips and leaks plus weeds in the same stretch of the four foot when you paint the tops of the rails 

Very nice, reminds me of the sidings at York at the southern end of the station where DRS locos are sometimes to be seen.

Thanks Keith and well spotted. York parcel sidings are the inspiration for this little layout.

• Like 2

• RMweb Premium

As ever a 3D masterpiece.

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh and when YOU are ready send me the details.

Just done my first exhibition with Oil Drum Lane my DRS depot and although the layout is 99% complete I still have lots of work to do with weathering the stock.

As ever best regards

Terry

• Like 1

As ever a 3D masterpiece.

I look forward to seeing it in the flesh and when YOU are ready send me the details.

Thanks Terry, it will be ready later this year so I will send details.

Any photos of Oil Drum Lane?

Looking good, have you room for a parked up van?

I have room and a van but there is no way it could of got there!

Unusual visitor to the sidings today..........

post-7968-0-40226100-1458763602_thumb.jpg

• Like 13

The technicians looking at the relay cabinets seem to bring the layout to life.  I especially like the way you've integrated the backscene with the row of trees on this layout; it looks very realistic for a very small depth.

Out of interest, what type of lighting did you use above the layout?

The technicians looking at the relay cabinets seem to bring the layout to life.  I especially like the way you've integrated the backscene with the row of trees on this layout; it looks very realistic for a very small depth.

Out of interest, what type of lighting did you use above the layout?

Thanks for your comments, I am pleased with the backscene as you say its only a small depth, 12 inches to be precise.

The lighting is just a strip of self adhesive LED's cool white bought of ebay and cut to length.