Advice sort

Tank63

I have been a " lurker" having joined the 2 MM. Society a couple of years ago.

The sad thing is I have never built any thing in 2 MM. This year I have decided to have a try a build a small layout. My interest is BR blue era as this is what I grew up with and an era I really miss. Now that the society produce turnouts in a bag I will purchase a couple and convert some diesel models.

I live in Cheshire so if anyone can point me two a 2mm group near me then that would be great.

• RMweb Premium

I have been a " lurker" having joined the 2 MM. Society a couple of years ago.

The sad thing is I have never built any thing in 2 MM. This year I have decided to have a try a build a small layout. My interest is BR blue era as this is what I grew up with and an era I really miss. Now that the society produce turnouts in a bag I will purchase a couple and convert some diesel models.

I live in Cheshire so if anyone can point me two a 2mm group near me then that would be great.

Have you looked in the newsletter to see if there are any near you mentioned? 

The diesels are very easy to convert, especially using the drop in wheels that are available for newer Farish locos. 

• RMweb Premium

There is a active group in   Keighley and there was a 2mm modeller I meet at expo who lived in Liverpool ( sorry can not recall his name)   John Whitehead  layout Tiviot Dale (nice guy even if a Red Supporter)   as I recall he frequented the Liverpool Model Railway Club who was very active  failing that do what I did form your own area group.

Farish Diesels are super easy conversions   except the 03/04   although wheels turned easily by Gordon,  the 08 needs a new chassis however

Bon Chance 

Nick

edited after checking  2005 expo Guide

Keighley's a bit of a trek from Cheshire but we usually meet on the second Saturday of the month and you'd be more than welcome to come and join us - we've just moved venue and there should be something in the next newsletter giving details of the new place but if you're interested then drop me a PM.

Regards,

David V.

Keighley's a bit of a trek from Cheshire but we usually meet on the second Saturday of the month and you'd be more than welcome to come and join us - we've just moved venue and there should be something in the next newsletter giving details of the new place but if you're interested then drop me a PM.

Regards,

David V.

Thanks for the offer Dave it was most kind. Having looked on google maps it would be one hour and nineteen mins to get to Keighley a bit far for me, but again thanks for the offer.

Mark

Archived