Sarum Town (formally N gauge home layout)

shanks522

Might be miles off the mark, but as a first idea what about a car parking area? There are not many stations without one and it'd fill space without being overly expensive. Maybe some sort of fencing and a car or two.

It would also be something that gives a realistic plausible background without distracting too much attention from the trains? 

• Informative/Useful 1

37 minutes ago, DavidMcKenzie said:

Might be miles off the mark, but as a first idea what about a car parking area? There are not many stations without one and it'd fill space without being overly expensive. Maybe some sort of fencing and a car or two.

It would also be something that gives a realistic plausible background without distracting too much attention from the trains? 

It will now become a car park! Thank you! :D

Hi would you be able to post a link to the live stream for facebook ?. It would be good to see the layout out for its first exhibition as I spent a few hours running Sarum town when Graham was building it. 

Hope the show goes well 

Stuart 

23 hours ago, shreives said:

Hi would you be able to post a link to the live stream for facebook ?. It would be good to see the layout out for its first exhibition as I spent a few hours running Sarum town when Graham was building it. 

Hope the show goes well 

Stuart 

https://m.facebook.com/groups/5486188802?view=permalink&id=10157058339213803

Exhibition report; so it was a success! Some power defects were found on the top level and on the bottom loop. Soldered across two points on the top level to provide power behind the distribution warehouse. Bottom loop I just left out of action as it could be to do with the juicer. In the morning of the show, one of the push to make buttons got stuck in the pressed position, which left me head scratching for about fifteen minutes believing it was a short somwhere. Found the button and pulled it back out and all points were back in action! Good feedback from the crowd, got quite a few votes for best in show, but was beaten by the lego display (the kids loved that one!). Spurred on now to get my new 14 footer operational for next year's shows! 

Edited by toolongtoremember
  • Like 3

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...