Digital subscription?

JimF51

Hope this is not opening any can of worms.

Just looked at a digital subscription for BRM. Using the BRM app, it would be $53.18 annually ($4.43 per issue), via Pocketmags, $31.00 annually ($2.58 per issue)

I would think it would be the opposite, less expensive direct from BRM.

Is there any advantage to buying from BRM?

There is the same situation with Military Modelling magazine. I bought a sub, at a lower cost, a few months ago, via Pocketmags, only to find out a sub through them did NOT give access to the MM digital archives, which a direct sub does. That at least explained the lower price in that situation. As that was more my reason for subscribing, I cancelled, though had to got through Paypal to get my refund 2 months later.

Thanks.

Jim F

• RMweb Premium

Some observations from my ipad. BRM can be bought and viewed using both the Pocketmags app and the BRM app. In the Pocketmags app only single issues or an annual subscription are available. In the BRM app there are more options, including a monthly rolling subscription @ £2.49 per issue, which suits me just fine. An interesting feature is that the BRM app doesn't suffer from the rotation bug that afflicts the Pocketmags app, I shall have to see if it's the same for my other mags.

If you want BRM on your ipad I recomend you use the BRM app rather than the Pocketmags app.

Other than the sub options, I can't seem to find any reason for not buying via pocketmags.

My 1st computer was apple, and finding I could not upgrade it, and with the advent of the Window OS GUI, I sold it of and bought a pc, and have, ever since. have no use for anything apple, but that's just me. :)

I have bought individual issues of BRM, and am able to read on my pc and android tablet just fine, using both the BRM and the pocketmags app.Have not come across any glitches, so I guess I'll go with the cheaper option.

Thanks for the replies.

Jim

Archived