Trainspotting TV Show

Andy Y

• RMweb Gold

Like amoth to a flame I flicked back...6023 going by 10 feet from where the presenter is standing at 5 mph. 6203 says she, how fast does a train have to go before you can't see the number?

5 mph obviously....

• RMweb Gold

Her theory about how fast a train can travel and still read the number she comes up with circa Mach1 which I don't believe. Even if she came up with a more believable speed she ignored the size of the number and surely that would be relevant

But who cares?

Well then don't watch. Plenty of other channels.

But nothing on any of them. My TV currently has a cable TV intro screen on it after I watched the first 10 minutes of Trainspotting Live.

I have not been an active train spotter since my teens which are a long time ago.    When we were kids, it didn't really matter what people thought and it was easier then as you didn't have to be 'cool'.  That came later with the coming of girls; no longer could we don the same old damp 'mac', pockets bulging with crisps and lemonade and we had to comb our hair.  Often!  Bikes were out unless the girls had them also and it wasn't until we were old enough to drive did things change for the better.  Rarely though did girls care to go trainspotting although some did if the attraction was great enough but for most, trainspotting lost out to the fairer sex.

By the time which girl was picked, wedded and bedded, trainspotting became a little more acceptable for a husband to engage in.  Harmless, better than the pub and if he pursued the model rail hobby, it was know where he was.  The only problem left was in the public perception of the hobby.  Comedians and the media were merciless, some spotters didn't help with their personal appearance which branded all others he same way.  Only vicars and old men seem to be immune to this controversy.   Then there are those who treat their hobby as though it was a disease, it is never mentioned in social conversations and if asked respond with some superlative response like, 'operating a miniature railway' instead of 'playing with trains', which everybody understands.  So cringe if you have to but be glad you have chosen a hobby to enjoy and buxxer what anybody else says!

Brian

A tad disappointing but I'll persevere, tomorrow apparently focuses on the HST...we'll see.

Peter Snow is as bonkers enthusiastic as ever, but doesn't seem to know much for a self declared enthusiast?

Not sure what purpose the maths lass serves, but Dick Strawbridge is getting into the spirit of things while sporting a magnificently scruffy beard that puts my recent effort to shame.

There are some obvious continuity mistakes..the green GBRF 66 being the most obvious I suppose.

The program was alright, I think it is more aimed at getting new people/beginners interested in railways, which is fine by me, but could it put other people off? Regardless the advert at the end for the other railway program looked really good, looking froward to seeing it.

Archived