Trainspotting TV Show

Andy Y

middle aged guys congregating at some where like Stafford snapping endless sheds and units ( a few distant shots showing them getting all excited when a 68 goes past )

I told 'em Stafford station was exactly like that and suggested some alternatives. ;)

Email sent... looking at Andy's initial post they want more than just the dictionary definition of 'trainspotter'- I think they are casting the net quite a bit wider. I explained that I had never been into number collecting as it seemed too much like maths homework in the rain to be fun....

The CV of the production firm is impressive, and I'd say their work in 'Amazing Spaces' and 'Shed of the Year' type programming is as relevant as the James May stuff in moulding something nerdy and shed-bound into something more accessible we can all be proudly associated with... while still revelling in the nerdy/ sheddy details!

Email sent... looking at Andy's initial post they want more than just the dictionary definition of 'trainspotter'- I think they are casting the net quite a bit wider. I explained that I had never been into number collecting as it seemed too much like maths homework in the rain to be fun....

The CV of the production firm is impressive, and I'd say their work in 'Amazing Spaces' and 'Shed of the Year' type programming is as relevant as the James May stuff in moulding something nerdy and shed-bound into something more accessible we can all be proudly associated with... while still revelling in the nerdy/ sheddy details!

Spot on, my thoughts exactly. I like the sound of the whole idea..yes our hobby is always going to be scoffed at by the uninitiated and the narrow minded. But if someone out there is genuinely interested in trying to shine a light and give a bit of insight, yes I would like to help with that.

Your maths mustn't have been A1 then :stinker:

• RMweb Gold

Choose a loco. Choose a coach. Choose a brakevan. Choose a tail light.

Choose a f******* big engine, choose english electric, car trains, and electric units

Choose good haulage, low emission and double headed insurance.

Choose no-interest class 66s, Choose a starter signal. Choose your anorak

Choose ill fitting tracky bottoms and matching backpack.

Choose a three day railrover on the cumbrian coast in a range of f****** 37s

Choose Sulzer and wondering what you've done with your life on a Sunday morning.

Choose sitting in that station bench watching mind-numbing, spirit-crushing pacers passing by, stuffing jam butties food into your mouth.

Choose rotting away at the end of it all, nothing more than an embarrassment to the selfish brats you have spawned to replace yourself.

Choose your future.

Choo-choo's life

oops, wrong trainspotting

• RMweb Gold

ive sent an email, id like to think i've got an interesting 'back story', used to go spotting as a kid, left a family business to work on the railway, now drive trains

I've also emailed them to see what happens you never know.

Blimey Jim we must be like two peas in pod although I left a decent job in engineering to come on the railways and now driving trains also (well almost) in April I will be :locomotive:

Spot on, my thoughts exactly. I like the sound of the whole idea..yes our hobby is always going to be scoffed at by the uninitiated and the narrow minded. 

If you think trainspotting is bad you should give lampost number collecting a go. We have a really hard time of it.

P

There was a series called "Trainspotting" some years ago. It was presented by two blokes called Mark (I think one was a comedian), and it wasn't half bad-I've still got it on VHS.

Ed

Mark Williams and Mark Found, iirc.

Yes, it's not bad - and is repeated from time to time on the satellite TV channels.

There was a series called "Trainspotting" some years ago. It was presented by two blokes called Mark (I think one was a comedian), and it wasn't half bad-I've still got it on VHS.

Ed

Mark Collins (Radio DJ) and Mark Found. Steve Power (Another Radio DJ) also partook in presenting the series.

Regards,

Matt

If you think trainspotting is bad you should give lampost number collecting a go. We have a really hard time of it.

P

Well even the Post Box spotters got a good 10 minutes recently on BBC , describing different size  and colour of boxes and giving them a hug on the on the pretext of checking the size

P

I never really noticed the numbers on lamp posts, apart from one - the lamp post outside my parents' church has the number 6201 - also the number of my father's first 00 gauge loco!

Archived