Inspired by Brent June 1947

The Fatadder

• RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Forgot to add this photo earlier from last night,

I printed the 6 wheel open sided siphon quite a while ago now, but have never quite managed to get it into service.  I still havent got round to adding the brake gear, but I have at least managed to add a false floor.  I failed to allow for the thickness of the false floor at the design stange (so really it needs a revision to the cad and another print made, on which I will try to include more of the brake gear as part of the print).  So for the moment the floor is black electrical tape stuck to the underside of the model.  This at least stops you seeing the track through the sides!

For the moment it will now move out to the loco and be positioned in the centre of a formation.  Ive long taken the view that when looking at a passing train you notice the loco, the first coach and the end of the train so these need to be the best detailed.

IMG_9919.jpeg

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 9
  • Craftsmanship/clever 1

• RMweb Gold

Last night I finally made a start on my second Warren Shepard W12 cattle van kit.

slowly coming together, soldering on a couple of parts before embossing another bunch of rivets. 

With all the RTR releases of GW wagons recently a decent cattle van is a clear omission, (likewise a milk tank), I wonder if it will be in Rapido’s plans soon…

IMG_9925.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • RMweb Gold
Posted (edited)

Cattle wagon hasn't progressed much further, a series of colds making soldering feel rather unappealing!

Instead last night I  managed to find some handrail knobs and finally crack on with finishing off the Bulldog, I had the email confirming the artwork for the Light Railway Stores etched plates last week so hopefully it wont be too much longer until it is completely finished.  Plan is to pick up a pack of ModelU figures for it at Bristol, along with fitting some printed lamp irons to finish it off.  It will also need the usual treatments adding coal to the tender and a set of Dinghams to fully put it into service both as an assisting engine and under its own power.

Eventually it will be sorted out with the correct tender…

IMG_0057.jpeg

Edited by The Fatadder
  • Like 11
  • Craftsmanship/clever 5

• RMweb Gold

Looks great.

I've been looking at RTR tenders for it, ended up with the Oxford Rail 2500 G for mine (but hard to get on its own,had to nick it off one of my existing Dean Goods).

@Miss Prism provided a useful overview of GWR RTR tenders here: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/183088-gwr-4mm-rtr-tenders/

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold
2 hours ago, Mikkel said:

Looks great.

I've been looking at RTR tenders for it, ended up with the Oxford Rail 2500 G for mine (but hard to get on its own,had to nick it off one of my existing Dean Goods).

@Miss Prism provided a useful overview of GWR RTR tenders here: https://www.rmweb.co.uk/forums/topic/183088-gwr-4mm-rtr-tenders/

I had come to the same conclusion on the Oxford Rail tender, frustratingly I just missed on on ebay the other week but will get one eventually....   When I do manage it I guess I will have to find another Bulldog that can reuse the existing Dukedog tender (or maybe an Aberdare...)

• Like 2
  • Interesting/Thought-provoking 1