Taunton 2016 - full line up announced

Captain Kernow

Hi,

Sorry for the slightly late reply, work got in the way!

I traveled down with Graham_Muz on the Saturday afternoon (work commitments meant that we couldn't ride the railway) and joined people at the Taunton MRG, for another enjoyable couple of hours chatting about this and that, and watch Andy demonstrate his dexterity whilst putting the ATP together.

As other people have said the meal wasn't the best organised in the world, but the food was alright and the time deal was offset by some nice conversation.

Of course the big problem with attending the Saturday evening is being roped into getting up early on the Sunday to help! But I didn't mind helping to ensure that the great day that ensued happened!

For me, this event isn't really about the layouts or the running of trains, its about having fun catching up with, and meeting new, members (including meeting a new work contact in DevonBelle!), there was no feeling that trains had to be run, it is just such a relaxing atmosphere! It was good to chat about various topics, from O2 conversions with Nick (Brinkley) to Class 700 Desiros with Phil (phil-b259).

The layouts were excellent as always, I particularly liked Dovington Camp with its models of time team crew and her maj, whilst I thought that the snow on Hounslow Siding was very well done, it did 'feel' cold. Studdy's Monorail was mad yet inspired and ingenious, the Chard Station module was very well done (as were all of the layouts) and Vinters Yard was very nice, Sorry if I missed any of the layouts out, I thought all of them were excellent!

It's a shame that Tim won't be organizing it after this year, but knowing how hard he worked at both the event and at work, he deserves a rest :) I like to join in everybody and thank Tim and Maddie (as well as all the catering girls thoughout the years and RMWeb members) that have made the event a highlight in my calendar. 

I'd also like to thank Tim personally for all the help and guidance he has given me over the years in terms of my career and friendship, I wouldn't be where I am today without his help and support, and I know that this the case for many other people.

Regards,

Simon

• RMweb Gold

Nice Pictures. When you see such elegant woodwork on a baseboard Maurice would be the first name you think of. No doubt it all packs down to something small and light enough for public transport.

Whose is the one with some nice old buildings and early round ended waggons? Not one I am familiar with.

Don

Whose is the one with some nice old buildings and early round ended waggons? Not one I am familiar with.

Vintners Yard, RMweb member,  Burgandy (Eric Gates), He who kindly distributes the Brighton Circle Newsletter - Highly recommended >> http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/94948-lbscr-modellers-digest/

Good to see Donw is using the correct period spelling, 'Waggons'... :locomotive:  

Edit, just pipped at the post by RiverCider

Vintners Yard, RMweb member,  Burgandy (Eric Gates), He who kindly distributes the Brighton Circle Newsletter - Highly recommended >> http://www.rmweb.co.uk/community/index.php?/topic/94948-lbscr-modellers-digest/

Good to see Donw is using the correct period spelling, 'Waggons'... :locomotive:  

Edit, just pipped at the post by RiverCider

I had not met Eric before but we had a good chat while I admired the layout, there are lots of nice touches.

I did notice he was quite evangelical about Brighton!

cheers

Nice Pictures.

Don

Don

As others have pointed out, this was Vintner's Yard. There is more than you will ever need to know about it here

Happy reading.

Best wishes

Eric

• RMweb Gold

Deliberately done Penlan. It would have been nice to have met you had I been able to attend.

Don

Deliberately done Penlan. It would have been nice to have met you had I been able to attend.

Yes, agreed.   I don't have many public apperances* this year, so far, EXPO EM couple weeks time and Cardiff Show in Oct.

That's just me, not layout, so probably next years SWAG doooooo.

Archived