Taunton 2016 - full line up announced

Captain Kernow

• RMweb Gold

I think the only requirement is you are either an RMwebber or the guest of one. Of course you are expected to at least have an affinity with the South West i.e Live there or Born there or just wish you did/had.

Don

Peter,

Droitwich to Taunton - 108 miles

Truro to Taunton - 123 miles

You are not travelling from afar at all :)

It's better than that I'm due to be kitchen and bathroom fitting for my daughter and son-in-law for the week.

Kewstoke-Taunton 33 miles, hence the question, I didn't want to get tarred and feathered.

Peter

• RMweb Gold

wuz there a list for pre-ordering pasties, etc? If so where?

No, that's just too much complication, sorry! First come, first served at the serving hatch, but we've hardly ever run out of pasties. In response to demand patterns from last year, however (when we still 'took pasties home', I have reduced the number of pasties slightly and increased the number of portions of chicken & ham pies.

• RMweb Gold

Of course you are expected to at least have an affinity with the South West i.e Live there or Born there or just wish you did/had.

Don

Or even just have an occasional thought about the South West every second Tuesday when there's an 'X' in the month.

Or even just have an occasional thought about the South West every second Tuesday when there's an 'X' in the month.

Does Sheffield Wednesday count then ? :)

• RMweb Premium

It's better than that I'm due to be kitchen and bathroom fitting for my daughter and son-in-law for the week.

Kewstoke-Taunton 33 miles, hence the question, I didn't want to get tarred and feathered.

Peter

You won't be tarred and feathered,

but you might be forced to eat a pasty.

• RMweb Gold

What's all this malarky about distance?

My first trip to Taunton (last year) involved boat rides, and crossing time zones.

The Isle of Wight Ferry.....

Travelling from the 1960's to present day....

Only joking! Honest!

Ian

• RMweb Gold

What's all this malarky about distance?

My first trip to Taunton (last year) involved boat rides, and crossing time zones.

The Isle of Wight Ferry.....

Travelling from the 1960's to present day....

Only joking! Honest!

Ian

While living on the Isle of Wight I did a trip to Peterborough for the Garden Rail show. I think I only missed out on an Aircraft. It was Car, Island Tube train, Fast Cat, Train, replacement bus, Tube proper, Train, Taxi. As for time travel. Try Getting the IOM railway to Ronaldsway then walk up to the airport. Victorian to 21st Century in a hundreds yards or so. I did that and claimed it all as a legitimate expense. I was offered a lift to the airport but naturally turned it down.

Don  

• RMweb Gold

Hi all,

Well the first Part of the pilgrimage south is done and now at the over night rest stop!!

Looking forward to another great weekend in the Deep South.

See some of you tomorrow night and everyone else who is attending on Sunday.

Cheers

Simon

I'll have something bright and not seen before with me on Sunday.

Pics for everyone else on Monday.

Not that fluorescent mankini and blonde wig ! :)

• RMweb Gold

May I request that folk either bring their own badge with their real and/or RMWeb names on them, or use one of the sticky labels that I am planning to provide at the entrance, please.

Over the years I've found out after the event that various individuals have visited the event, and I've often thought, 'I wish I knew that he/she was there, would have liked to have had a chat' etc.

Many thanks.

Archived