Thame Branch Siding

D854_Tiger

• RMweb Gold

chiltern use it as a turn back siding, also to access to the engineers sidings to the back of the platform, there is a ground signal to take you in there, looking at that vid the stop block has been moved a long way back from when i last did a shunt down there with a 165

you may notice that the line skews left  towards stop blocks, this was from when a few years back network rail reconnected the line the other side (princes risborough and chinnor railway) to enable a special to run from the preserved line onto the network (pannier tanks i seem to remember

the plan is that the PR&C are going to run into the back platform at risborough in the not too distant future, i presume using the other line next to the NR one, they (or someone) have certainly been doing some work on the old box over the last couple of years to turn it into a visitor centre

Jim. It looks like the C&PR are using the current line as all their P-way work has been increasing the speed of the slewing by lengthening the slew. I gather they are in the process of sorting out a track access and hopefully we might see the first C&PR train at Risborough by the end of the year. Then comes the long task of cleaning up the engineers sidings and the back platform.

C&PR is now permanently connected to the NR.

My mum volunteers there and sent me a photo of the gate ,connection etc.

This was used a lot during evergreen 1 to shunt and access the sidings. I remember seeing 2 RFD 47s of all things shunting salmons down there

Archived