Minerva Victory 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive

81A Oldoak

• RMweb Premium

Having indulged in a peckett at rail wells I may have my arm twisted into a victory too. So much for down scaling.

Down scaling?  All my stuff after 7 months is still in packing crates......and I am still buying stock, shhhh wife  :swoon:    :sarcastichand:

Down scaling?  All my stuff after 7 months is still in packing crates......and I am still buying stock, shhhh wife  :swoon:    :sarcastichand:

Just explain to the memsahib that down-scaling means getting rid of all that 4mm scale stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

If you can forget about the forthcoming announcement, this is the last weekend that Minerva Model Railways offer a discount on their Victory Kerr Stuart for advance orders. Only £250 until 2359 on the 5th September, including carriage. After that the normal price of £282.50 kicks in, plus postage, so an overall saving of over £40.

Here are some early photos of the black and green samples that will be at Telford at the weekend. Please note that the lurid shade of green will be corrected to the same shade as the lined green Minerva Peckett.

post-13142-0-97966000-1472718394_thumb.gif

post-13142-0-71850500-1472718396_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-98936800-1472718397_thumb.gif

• Like 3

If you can forget about the forthcoming announcement, this is the last weekend that Minerva Model Railways offer a discount on their Victory Kerr Stuart for advance orders. Only £250 until 2359 on the 5th September, including carriage. After that the normal price of £282.50 kicks in, plus postage, so an overall saving of over £40.

Here are some early photos of the black and green samples that will be at Telford at the weekend. Please note that the lurid shade of green will be corrected to the same shade as the lined green Minerva Peckett.

Looks delightful but sadly too big for my own little railway (my wallet sighs with relief!)

I'll be dropping off my order form for a Victory at the stand on Saturday. May as well save a stamp...

As an aside, just tested my Peckett after many weeks waiting for me to wire up some track, and she runs like a little sewing machine. Happy customer.

• Like 2

This is looking very nice. Not sure whether I can justify one on my proposed East Midlands ironstone layout ... ;-)

Stephen

I think you can.

Well I've managed to justify one and I've placed my order for a green one.

Mind you, that is one big loco. I'll just have to redesign the engine shed to accommodate it!

Stephen

Here is the first engineering prototype against the Peckett.

Thanks Chris that's great! It's a monster isn't it! I'm still saving for a Peckett but this is just going to be too big for my needs on a tiny micro layout! ;)

It looks absolutely fantastic though

• RMweb Gold

Having seen these today Chris, they really do look superb well done.  I have a maroon version on order, but am undecided as to whether to swap to the green and pair with with a Peckett!  What would be the latest cut-off if I wanted to change?  Im conscious of not wanting to cause you guys any problems.

I've also featured the KS samples, as well as the Pannier announcement on my blog post ... see signature - hope thats ok!

Rich