Minerva Victory 0-6-0 Tank Locomotive

81A Oldoak

Having been allowed to pick up (literally) a 'Victory' at Telford I can inform the jury that the engine is very heavy, and will certainly have no problems with adhesion. Moreover, if you ever get fed up with model railways, it will make an admirable door stop.

Seriously, I am really looking forward to receiving mine. 

• Like 1

Having been allowed to pick up (literally) a 'Victory' at Telford I can inform the jury that the engine is very heavy, and will certainly have no problems with adhesion. Moreover, if you ever get fed up with model railways, it will make an admirable door stop.

Seriously, I am really looking forward to receiving mine. 

Agreed!

I was waiting to see what was going to be announced before deciding whether to get one. Once I found out that Minerva's next loco was only another pannier tank I ordered a Victory instead! :jester:

JF

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

Chris B returned from his recent trip to Honkers with decorated samples of the red Victory. We have asked for a darker shade of red and the footplate valance will be black, but we are very pleased with the lining. The buffers will be blackened on the production models.

Regards,

Cris

post-13142-0-35922200-1474908242_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-56361500-1474908243_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

It's a very handsome engine, isn't it? I remember many moons ago there was an article on this class in the Railway Modeller, complete with drawings, and I've wanted one ever since. 

Given the sheer weight of the model, the haulage power should be terrific - I would expect it to far exceed my normal requirements. I'm honestly unsure which livery I like best. I think you'd struggle to make it look bad in any colour.  

Chris B returned from his recent trip to Honkers with decorated samples of the red Victory. We have asked for a darker shade of red and the footplate valance will be black, but we are very pleased with the lining. The buffers will be blackened on the production models.

Regards,

Cris

:sungum:

Oh dear, oh dear dear, now you have gone and done it.  I had promised myself no more play engines until track ballasting and painting has been done which at my rate of build is incredibly s  l  o  w but that red one is simply beautiful. 

I now need to think of ways to retain that gorgeous colour but make it looked used and a little tired from working in my goods area sited somewhere linking the GWR & LMS regions. 

How did it get there, bought retired from main duties, delivering wagons from another region . . . . . . . . . . . . ?

Oh dear, oh dear dear, now you have gone and done it. 

It will not be in red, but I may have the original EP running with sound on my DCC clinic/demo at GETS (The Great Electric Train Show) at the BritishMotor Museum, Gaydon 8th and 9th October.

Not too far from Stourport, is it.

I'll have some other interesting 7mm models with sound too.

Kind regards,

Paul

Chris B has mounted the crimson Victory body onto the black prototype's chassis. Please note that the cylinders on the production version will be lined crimson and have chemically blackened wheels and motion and the cylinders. The accessory pack will also include cylinder drain cocks to be fitted by the owner. Delivery is expected in the latter half of November 2016 in time to make many Christmas happy. I'm thinking of giving one to Mrs K for Christmas as she will love the colours, I will probably have to move the Lorna nameplates from my grubby Peckett.

Order forms are on line at  https://www.minervamodelrailways.co.uk/how-to-order/ or buy from the stand at Reading in December.

post-13142-0-92515700-1475156492_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-06521200-1475156494_thumb.jpg

post-13142-0-07389800-1475156495_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Seen this on display at the Cardiff model railway exhibition and it's a nice chunky little loco,

I might give in and get one but not until next year; will it be 666 or 667 ? Both Newport Pill 86B locos !

Edited by steve fay

• 4 weeks later...

The Minerva Victories arrived at Heathrow at the weekend. We expect them to be cleared by HMRC and delivered to Minerva HQ in South Wales on Wednesday. I will be driving up to Penarth on Thursday to spend a couple of dayswith Chris Basten testing, packing and dispatching the advanced orders.

Once again Minerva delivers. The loco was announced at Kettering on 5th March and has taken 37 weeks to deliver.

Regards,

Chris

• Like 11

The Minerva Victories arrived at Heathrow at the weekend. We expect them to be cleared by HMRC and delivered to Minerva HQ in South Wales on Wednesday. I will be driving up to Penarth on Thursday to spend a couple of dayswith Chris Basten testing, packing and dispatching the advanced orders.

Once again Minerva delivers. The loco was announced at Kettering on 5th March and has taken 37 weeks to deliver.

Regards,

Chris

Great work really looking forward to this loco, thanks for the update.Duncan

We are happy to confirm that 'Victory has been achieved', and testing and packing of individual orders will start tomorrow, under the expert guidance of the 2 Chris'.

Those who placed their orders first will start to receive their models on Friday, with subsequent orders being dealt with in strict rotation, hopefully all being delivered by the end of next week.

The models either DCC or DCC sound fitted will follow in about 2 -3 weeks.

We will have stock of DC models to purchase at the Reading show on the 10th December, so please come along and introduce yourselves, tell us what you think of the models (preferably good, but adverse comment does actually help in improving our production methods, and we promise you won't get a glare!!!) and hopefully purchase one........

Edited by mountaingoat
  • Like 5