The Bridge at Remagen - N Gauge Rhine Crossing in 1944.

Al.

One niggle, though not your fault because no model manufacturer includes them on their decal sheets nowadays. But the tails of your aircraft are missing a certain symbol.

A case of historical accuracy giving way to political correctness. You'll be lucky to find any of the kit manufactures supply correct Luftwaffe tail marking these days.

Thanks for your comment. Glad my efforts are appreciated.

• RMweb Premium

One niggle, though not your fault because no model manufacturer includes them on their decal sheets nowadays. But the tails of your aircraft are missing a certain symbol.

A real piece of history. Would love to see it for real. Or maybe you have a video posted somewhere??

A case of historical accuracy giving way to political correctness. You'll be lucky to find any of the kit manufactures supply correct Luftwaffe tail marking these days.

Thanks for your comment. Glad my efforts are appreciated.

The swastika is banned in many European countries but appropiate transfers are available here in the UK. They are allowed in certain cases such as certain films but not for modelling.

More green stuff happening this afternoon with the rear of the baseboard (right hand side in the photo) getting some attention.

The grass and shrubbery are done, and tree planting has commenced. 38 so far, and maybe that number again to finish off that side

post-23643-0-31079300-1512325690_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

New set arrival on Remagen. Picked up as a non-runner for a tenner. It's had its motor and pick-ups removed and is a dummy loco for double heading.

The Fleischmann BR50 has been part converted to a BR50uk. It still needs a bit more work on the boiler and the footplate to finish it off, but it's sufficiently along to be ready for train duty.

post-23643-0-70712300-1512325868_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5

More scenery progress today. It seems to have been a good week for it.

I've progressed onto the middle area after the junction. Here a company of Panthers and Hanomags will be taking time out for repair and maintenance.

Trial positioning of the vehicles before the ground is reproduced to suit.

post-23643-0-01454900-1512746150_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-55826300-1512746178_thumb.jpeg

• Like 12

Today has been one of those frustrating days full of failure and doubt. I feel I've taken more steps backwards then forwards on the scenic area where the tank company will sit. I'm struggling with getting this area to look right for some reason.

Hopefully it'll come right this week. Anyway, here's a couple of overview pics of the layout as it looks so far.

post-23643-0-46948700-1513531725_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-68983900-1513531774_thumb.jpeg

• Like 11

A better evening today. I've been doing a few trial set up for the panther company sheltering beneath a copes of trees.

I think the placing is starting to look ok. The ground is going to take a bit of work to get it looking all churned up by tank tracks.

post-23643-0-98993300-1513629076_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-54829000-1513629133_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-34929400-1513629161_thumb.jpeg

• Like 8

Al

Keep the faith my friend...

You have the ability, you have the commitment - it will come good in the end.

Looking forward to Stevenage

wot he said!!

Best wishes

Simon

Thanks. Sometime I do think building something of this size by myself is insane....

There a days I look at it and just see all the errors and mistakes. I think the other day was just one of those days.

There a days I look at it and just see all the errors and mistakes. I think the other day was just one of those days.

And, of course, it not about the odd error that can always be re-addressed, but the overall look and atmosphere. And the re-development certainly looks the part to me.

G.

• RMweb Premium

Thanks. Sometime I do think building something of this size by myself is insane....

We are all our own worst critics Al and it's right that we should have moments of self doubt because without that we would never strive to get things looking better. I saw the layout at Warley and was impressed with it then. From following your blog you have obviously worked very hard to improve it and done your best to address the problems that you found on your first outing. I am sure that things will go well for you when you are next out and that you will feel that all your hard work has been worthwhile.

All the best

Jamie

A better evening today. I've been doing a few trial set up for the panther company sheltering beneath a copes of trees.

I think the placing is starting to look ok. The ground is going to take a bit of work to get it looking all churned up by tank tracks.

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

The trees look great - lots of brown paint for mud under the tanks should do it!

A couple of new arrivals in Renagen this week. A BR03 and another BR43. Both Roco models.

Depending on how things go over Christmas, I might get round to weathering the 03. The 43 however needs a bit of work to revert it back to war years condition.

post-23643-0-77489800-1513847067_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7

Slow progress this week on Remagen for obvious reasons. Almost nothing to show sport from a few shots of trial placing of the Apollinaris Church at the west end of the layout.

The church will sit on the left end of the layout and mirror the Erpeler Ley. The running lines will pass under the church as they loop back into the Cascade.

With the CMRA show at Stevenage so close, there's little time left to do this area any justice so the board will be blanked off robe unveiled at Peterborough.

post-23643-0-83296800-1514157190_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-01615300-1514157219_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-49593800-1514157241_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7

Seven hours and six cups of tea later and I have another of the Cascade Boards wired and dead tested.

Next step is to drop it onto the layout, connect up all the cables and see if the locos stop where they're supposed to.

post-23643-0-99424100-1514489707_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-16229800-1514489753_thumb.jpeg

• Like 5