The Bridge at Remagen - N Gauge Rhine Crossing in 1944.

Al.

It's been a couple weeks since the last post, mainly due to commitments taking a friends China Rail layout to the CMRA Stevenage show. Anyway, a week on and I'm back on Remagen.

As some of you may be aware, Peterborough wasn't a fault free operating experience. The hall lights played havoc with the IR sensors on the fiddle yard. They were seeing trains when there wasn't one, and not seeing them when they were there. Net result was half way though Saturday morning we switched the fiddle yard off and hand-balled the stock though. To resolve this I've made two changes to the yard.

First, was to change the configuration of the sensors from a below the track reflection to an above and below one. This I hope will eliminate the problem, but if it doesn't I've introduced a manual override to each board This will allow an operator to manually shuffle the trains through the fiddle yard and eliminating the need for hand-balling.

9 weeks to Ally Pally and the next outing.

post-23643-0-85985100-1548006037_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-93264700-1548006076_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-85985100-1548006037_thumb.jpeg

post-23643-0-93264700-1548006076_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

The results from the BRM 2018 Awards are in and Remagen came 4th behind Waverley West, Bournemouth West, and Grantham. Having seen all three of these layouts up close I know these are all worthy winners, and I'm delighted that Remagen is amongst such prestigious company.

Thank you to all that voted for Remagen.

post-23643-0-82018600-1548403224.jpeg

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Today in 1945, the Remagen Bridge became the first bridge captured intact over the Rhine. It became a significant milestone marked the endgame for the Second World War In Western Europe. 

image.jpeg

• Like 4
  • Informative/Useful 2

We're poster boy for Railex NE. I'm quite pleased with that. 

This show is the first of three in the North, with Glasgow and St Andrews shows following on in 2020. 

image.jpeg

Edited by Al.
  • Like 5

Less then a week to go before the Ally Pally Show and the layout is all packed up and ready. 

Remagen is at stand 90 in the main hall, opposite The Junction Box and Grimmy Times trade stands. 

Look forward to see you there.

image.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Friendly/supportive 1

That's it for another weekend. Back  home from Ally Pally and I'm really enjoyable show. I'm pleased with how the layout ran.

Next one is TrainWest in a couple weeks time. 

Here's a few pics from the back of the layout. 

More pics and videos to follow.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 8

12 hours ago, Alan Kettlewell said:

It was great to see the layout in the flesh after following it on here since it started.  Big crowds around but it was worth waiting to push through to the front.  Outstanding modelling.  

Cheers ... Alan

Absolutely agree, and good to meet in person.  Looking forward to seeing it again at Railex NE and the 2 Scottish gigs next year !

Alasdair

• Like 3

Incredible and fantastic subject for a layout. I like history of the second world war and the Remagen Episode is one of my favorite. 

Thank you very much for the good moment to pass with yours amazing pictures. 

Sorry for my english, i am french... :rolleyes:

• Like 3

I picked up a Fleischmann BR50 dirt cheap on Saturday. Non-runner.

The bloke said he had no idea what was wrong with it. 

Well, I think I've found the problem....

image.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Funny 2