The Bridge at Remagen - N Gauge Rhine Crossing in 1944.

Al.

• RMweb Premium
1 hour ago, Ian Morgan said:

What is the story behind the caravan?

48 minutes ago, Al. said:

As with most things on the layout, taken from a reference photo. 

image.png

Quite unusual in that the Oxford Diecast caravan is exactly the right style as the one in the photo.

7 hours ago, PhilJ W said:

Quite unusual in that the Oxford Diecast caravan is exactly the right style as the one in the photo.

Ive had the photo for a while but hadn't considered modelling until it until spotted the caravan on one of the traders at the Corsham show. It looks pretty good hitched to the back of a Sdkfz222. 

• 3 weeks later...

IMPORTANT NEW......!

By special request, Remagen will be at the Beckenham & West Wickham MRC Show on 19th October. 

This will be the final show for 2019 ahead of a busy 2020 calendar. 

If you local to the show, I hope to see you there.

1D4C4524-56AA-4DD0-9BBC-85DC4665151A.jpeg

FF2FB948-A334-4614-BE5A-27785C6F720C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Friendly/supportive 1

• 1 month later...

With all the 2019 show commitments completed, I’m turning my thoughts forward to next years show season. 2020 is a significant year for the layout as it is the 75th anniversary of the capture of the bridge and the end of World War 2. To mark this I have a new plaque for the layout.

78726398_1183645131837501_2706100451866050560_n.jpg

• Like 14

5 hours ago, enginelane said:

Looking forward to seeing the layout in action at Wakefield 2020. it will be exhibited with Overlord so a bit of a Military theme going on 

Its been I while since I last saw Overlord. It will be good to see it again. 

• Like 1

In case you've missed it, we're doing 5 shows in 2020 instead of the usual 4. The additional one is the N Gauge SouthEast Show on the 4th April at 

Reigate College, Rushworth Road, Reigate. RH2 0QF. Doors open at 10:00.

N Gauge SE.png

Edited by Al.
  • Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 2 weeks later...

Moving a couple of the baseboards about today and discovered the missing Rheingold coach. I lost this when we were up at the RailEx NE show back in July and assumed it had fallen foul to light fingers. Please that was not the case.

779D2030-7772-4D3C-BB64-78E2383A6842.jpeg

• Like 4

After a summer bike ride, a picnic and a bottle of wine, this young couple have got a little carried away with themselves. 

I’m not going to tell you where they’re hidden on the layout. You’ll just have to search for them.

B7ECF1E7-1B7C-449D-8D2A-15DAD0C0A543.jpeg

• Funny 5

2 hours ago, Al. said:

After a summer bike ride, a picnic and a bottle of wine, this young couple have got a little carried away with themselves. 

I’m not going to tell you where they’re hidden on the layout. You’ll just have to search for them.

B7ECF1E7-1B7C-449D-8D2A-15DAD0C0A543.jpeg

Did the earth just move for you dear??? No- it was the K5 railgun going off I’m afraid my love!

• Funny 2

• 2 weeks later...

There’s not been a lot of progress on Remagen over Christmas and New Year due to family commitment.

One of the few jobs that has been done is the realignment of the east bound track over the flying junction. It’s always been a awkward spot, with a radius and grade change happening over a board joint, which makes it a common place for derailments.

To help resolve this, the track coming off the over bridge down to the turnout has been lifted and relayed. Not a lot of visual difference, but it seems to have improved things.

6841DC9E-3FBD-4390-A0C8-0C6169D8CBFA.jpeg

2DB7BEFC-B03E-413E-8C0F-F566A3C68E41.jpeg

• Like 8

A bit more scenic work this afternoon. 

First, the wheat field. I’ve tried to show the wheatsheaf laying on the field, but I’m not sure it looks right. I’ll wait until the glue has dried before I make the decide on whether to keep it. 

Second is the old guys playing chess by the barn. I’m reasonably happy with this one.

21F592B4-D929-44E5-AB30-AA47DDC36F3F.jpeg

7C670BAA-28F5-42A3-8CC4-6210CD2E92A6.jpeg

• Like 7

• 2 weeks later...

Another area I’m hoping to have progressed a bit by Glasgow is the refugee column that would be making there way north towards Remagen away from the approaching Americans to the south. 

Previously theres res only been a horse drawn car towing a piano and a bed. Now it’ll be joined by a wagon with a wardrobe and another bed. 

I hope to add a few civilians pushing proms and pulling carts too. 

E8AA7A9D-2239-4F4A-B6B1-E5C3FD293FB1.jpeg

• Like 11