SCRATCH BUILT MODERN EUROPEAN STYLE WAGONS 4mm ish

• RMweb Premium

Hi Grizz,

I couldn't sleep last night and had a good read of this thread. I think what you are doing is great, well done. I am glad to see you are getting advice form Brian and Jon, even if they are bit of a double act when it comes to modern wagons.

As for the wagon drawing book I was advised not to buy it, not because it was useless but might have been for me. Despite being a D&E modeller they are far too modern for me.

Keep up the good work.

The 'Modern Wagon Bible' in action. It makes it so quick and easy to build styrene wagon bodies. I usually start by making a prototype, this helps to step up the production batch building process later on.

post-28700-0-18464900-1491282582_thumb.jpg

post-28700-0-47062400-1491282869_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

yes I've seen this.. do you need a 3d printer for them though ... ?

I'm sure I've seen em on a ready to run wagon..?

Anybody get hold of S-kits.. sent him email but no reply which doesn't bode you with confidence in sending off cheques and making orders... may as well wait to june and see him at the DEMU showcase - if he's there..

yes I've seen this.. do you need a 3d printer for them though ... ?

I'm sure I've seen em on a ready to run wagon..?

Anybody get hold of S-kits.. sent him email but no reply which doesn't bode you with confidence in sending off cheques and making orders... may as well wait to june and see him at the DEMU showcase - if he's there..

Check that you've the correct address for S-Kits; the one in the mags may be the old one. The new one is:- skitsinfo@btinternet.com .Others on here have placed orders in the last few weeks, and received the goods, so you should be all right. George does work shifts on a full-time basis, so there will sometimes between receiving messages and responding.

Yes for MRL yes. I discovered that there were/are some anomolies in the measurements of the ribs so I set about further research on the net and discovered that the newer JNA are of a smaller wagon. Mrl ones as on the Astra Rail industries site give scale drawings and these are the ones I shouldve modelled, so ive built 2 of these also.

• RMweb Premium

A break from building to do some painting.. Large scrap JNA awaiting transfers. Hopefully arrive over the weekened

I am not into modern wagons but today a train of Mendip JNA's rolled past me. Some had international markings, are they the same type of wagon as they looked the same?

Yes I believe they are the same wagon. They are a silverish grey. Some have large MRL markings,some have small MRL motif. I havent seen any other JNA.

Similar wagons can be seen in a variety of other colours; yellow (Network Rail), bright red (DBC), dark blue (either VTG or GBRf) and dark green (Freightliner). There was a block train of about thirty of the DBC ones standing at Dolland's Moor last week, having arrived through the tunnel. The design's pretty much to the UIC norms for the EAOS type; here are some photos of various 'mainland' ones, showing the variety of differences (mainly doors) to be seen:- https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Eanos+wagon&espv=2&tbm=isch&imgil=393s6R87zU7gQM%253A%253B0l7F6PFDYjCFxM%253Bhttps%25253A%25252F%25252Fcommons.wikimedia.org%25252Fwiki%25252FFile%25253AKiskunf%25252525C3%25252525A9legyh%25252525C3%25252525A1za_H-RCH_Eanos_5376_270-1_teherkocsi_2012-08-23.JPG&source=iu&pf=m&fir=393s6R87zU7gQM%253A%252C0l7F6PFDYjCFxM%252C_&usg=__YyA7zPRa0xDbgHLvJTtjLkZsgJk%3D&biw=1600&bih=780&ved=0ahUKEwjPz5mQ3abTAhUJJsAKHZBBDSkQyjcILg&ei=kzXyWI-6MInMgAaQg7XIAg#tbm=isch&q=Eaos+wagon

Whats the Grizz workin on....

Hi Marco, wow you built those additional wagons really quickly. It's all looking good mate, especially now you have the transfers.

I have had to take a break from work and modelling to work on this...... here..........

post-28700-0-60947100-1492404003_thumb.jpg

post-28700-0-25554800-1492404074_thumb.jpg

Back to it soon though.......

• Like 1

A couple of more.....

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

attachicon.gifimage.jpg

And a double headed 59!

a double headed 59! just noticed that..  alas I think it was just an operational reason... theres no way a uk train would need 2 59s! I believe the shiny JNAs with the small MRL sign are very new, perhaps even this year..? I am constructing a few of the older type circa yr 2000 with the large MRL motif.