Munro Yard ( Small ballast yard 1990 )

djp76

Been planning a small portable exhibition layout for many years and finally been making some progress. It will be a small ballast yard with loading of new ballast and storage of small engineering trains, it will be based in the central belt of Scotland in the early 90's.

Edited by djp76
  • Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Hi,

You have made great progress - which is probably down to good planning!

Do you plan to have strictly freight only? You seem to hint at that in your early posts. I only ask because the area to the right looks like it could have a platform.

Whatever this ticks a lot of boxes for me - I'll watch with interest.

All the best,

James

Edited by jamest

Hi,

You have made great progress - which is probably down to good planning!

Do you plan to have strictly freight only? You seem to hint at that in your early posts. I only ask because the area to the right looks like it could have a platform.

Whatever this ticks a lot of boxes for me - I'll watch with interest.

All the best,

James

The layout will be freight only mainly engineering trains with the odd exception making an appearance. The yard is at the end of a small branch line, the branch also serves a fuel depot so a short fuel train will make a run round in the yard. There will be a small dock platform built in between the back line and middle line on the right hand end which will have a portacabin on it to serve as an office.

• Like 1