Munro Yard ( Small ballast yard 1990 )

djp76

Had a bit of spare time today so managed to stick the brick work onto the edge of the loading dock and also put the sleeper edges on. Also made a start on the bridge.

post-6093-0-91851900-1458303707_thumb.jpeg

post-6093-0-78042700-1458303718_thumb.jpeg

post-6093-0-34793200-1458303732_thumb.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 months later...

After a while of inactivity on the layout I finally put it back up this week and started to do the roof,guttering and down pipes on the loading building.post-6093-0-66176300-1467815528_thumb.jpeg

• Like 7

Well I'm glad that's the majority of the wiring done. The points are being controlled by Blue Point turnout controllers as I wanted to keep the wiring to a minimum.

post-6093-0-34611200-1468082522_thumb.jpeg

Had a spare hour before the wife's back from work so managed to put one board up to finish the retaining wall.

:D

Some good stuff going on here - another sad case of SWMBO's calling the shots.

You have my sympathy.

Ian

Edited by Crisis Rail
  • Like 1

Hi

Not come across Blue Point turnout controllers....

Any more info on them....Are they DCC only or analogue as well?

Layout progressing nicely though it can be a problem fitting modelling around SWMBO's demands.....

Cheers Bill

Hi

Not come across Blue Point turnout controllers....

Any more info on them....Are they DCC only or analogue as well?

Layout progressing nicely though it can be a problem fitting modelling around SWMBO's demands.....

Cheers Bill

They are for manual point control but have a built in switch so the polarity can be changed on the point. It's my first time using them so can only hope that they are as good as they look.

Looks an interesting project, will follow this as I also love Scottish railways and Departmental stock. I made a similar ballast loading hopper for a previous project, using an old "Britains" working silo as a basis. Found it needed a fairly steep funnel at the base to get the ballast to flow well but it did the job!

• 4 weeks later...

Nothing to report as work and decorating has taken priority just now but will get back to working on the layout once the hardwood flooring is done also needing more supplies which won't be until Ayr show in September.

Davie

• 2 months later...

Well with little progress on the layout at the moment there is still work going on, I had a technical problem with my Bachmann DCC controller which decided to retire itself just as testing of the electrics started so my first purchase is a new Lenz 100 kit also treated myself to two kits from Make Your Mark Models so will be concentrating on building these for the next wee while.

Davie

post-6093-0-41304400-1477127042_thumb.png

post-6093-0-92904600-1477127055_thumb.png

• 2 months later...

After a while of doing house improvements I managed to get a bit of time to work on the layout over the festive holidays. The main thing was testing the layout with most of the stock and all seems to be working fine with no derailments, testing of the ballast loading was a success with only minor modifications needed to stop the ballast missing the wagons. The other main step forward was to start on the scenics with the hill sides being covered with mod rock and then painted with a base of brown, also temporarily have put the security fencing in place just to see how it looks. Work has also been progressing with the two kits that were purchased just need to order more screw couplings and buffers and then build up the courage to start painting them.

post-6093-0-24780700-1483454319_thumb.jpg

post-6093-0-61637800-1483454429_thumb.jpg

post-6093-0-49656000-1483454527_thumb.jpg

post-6093-0-05927000-1483454538_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

Looks to be coming on nicely. Those walls look nicely weathered too, did you use Slaters walling?

Thanks the walls are Slaters plastikard, 7mm Cotswold Stone, they were given a light paint of grey and then weathered up using Carrs weathering powders. First time of doing walls with the powders and I'm happy with the results.

Davie

• Like 1

• 8 months later...

Unfortunately the layout is in store just now due to unforeseen circumstances but hopefully it will soon be sorted out and will have a new home and work will resume.

Davie

Edited by djp76
  • Like 1