DERBY The Roundhouse, 7th & 8th May 2016

Mike Bellamy

• RMweb Premium

A week or so ago I received a brown package with a unique, and interesting addition for the motive power fleet for the weekend.

Its the best model example I've seen of it so far. What is it though? ...

A week or so ago I received a brown package with a unique, and interesting addition for the motive power fleet for the weekend.

Its the best model example I've seen of it so far. What is it though? ...

If you post a photo, we may be able to identify it for you :jester:.

• RMweb Premium

Just a week to go to for Derby 2016 Model Railway Exhibition to be held at the The Roundhouse over next weekend of 7th & 8th May

I will be there with my 7mm 0.16.5 Narrow Gauge Layout Alstone Quay

I understand that both the 7mm Narrow Gauge layouts will be in the library as will be the 7mm Narrow Gauge Association.

See you there,come and say hello

Terry

post-2180-0-17764500-1462129841.jpeg

post-2180-0-00607700-1462129872.jpeg

post-2180-0-26135400-1462129891.jpeg

• RMweb Premium

I have realised I missed out the Demonstrators and Society Stands - in fact I'm surprised that NeilHHB hasn't had a go at me about this as we work together and he's there with 7mm Narrow Gauge Assn !

7mm Narrow Gauge Association

DEMU

European Railway Association

EM Gauge Society

Famous Trains

Model Bus Federation 

N Gauge Society

NMRA

Scalefour Society

Scenic demo - John Ward

Swiss Railway Society

• RMweb Premium

Another update

Our latest Club Layout, 'Thomas and Friends', will feature on its full exhibition debut. Seen over the last couple of years as 'work in progress' at our local Mickleover show, this will be the first showing of the full layout in an almost complete state. Our own 'Large Gentleman in a Top Hat' will be in charge.

Also pleased to welcome Smart Models for their first visit to the Roundhouse

http://www.smartmodels.co.uk/

Layout and Trader lists above have been amended.

• RMweb Gold

I have realised I missed out the Demonstrators and Society Stands - in fact I'm surprised that NeilHHB hasn't had a go at me about this as we work together and he's there with 7mm Narrow Gauge Assn !

7mm Narrow Gauge Association

DEMU

European Railway Association

EM Gauge Society

Famous Trains

Model Bus Federation

N Gauge Society

NMRA

Scalefour Society

Scenic demo - John Ward

Swiss Railway Society

That's because I wasn't at work yesterday...! Honestly Mike how could you forget us...I'll be there on the Sunday - come along and say hello.

• RMweb Premium

Got parents visiting so I'm going to miss it, drat. Should've checked the dates (I had a feeling something was happening when they said when they were coming!)  Perhaps I can persaude them to hang around in Derby a little bit longer than originally expected, I think they're turning up via an uncle who lives there...

• RMweb Premium

Not been to this venue before, what's the parking like?

Best to come by train as the exhibition is next to the station

Terry

I'm glad that Treasurer Mike has mentioned the new Thomas and Friends layout, well worth a look even if you aren't clued up on the difference between Gordon and Henry (have you ever been choked off by a knowledgeable 5 year old as if you are doolally?  I have!).  There are lots of surprises built in by Matthew our electronic genius and take a look at the scratch built carousel as well,  I think you'll agree that the Monday Night Gang have done a super job building this.

Sadly I'll not be there as I have spent this morning having an eye operation for a detached retina  and look like Pirate Pete with my eye shield etc  and don't want to undo Mr Chen's excellent work.. 

Hope it's the stunning success it deserves to be.

I am thinking about attending this good exhibition on Saturday, and travelling by train direct from Chesterfield too!

But if the weather is expected to be good as is forecast, I may have a dilemma between attending this show or being in the countryside or beach...

Sam

• RMweb Gold

Best to come by train as the exhibition is next to the station

Terry

I shall be taking the Voyager from Bristol - can't make my plans fit with the HST diagrams unfortunately - nice lazy day out anyway...

• RMweb Gold

was hoping to get to this show but despite having a job either starting or finishing in derby on a saturday for the last 3 weeks this weekend is the one time i'm nowhere near the place!

• RMweb Premium

Sadly I'll not be there as I have spent this morning having an eye operation for a detached retina  and look like Pirate Pete with my eye shield etc  and don't want to undo Mr Chen's excellent work.. 

Sorry to hear that Terry - hope you'll soon be back with us.

• RMweb Premium

Not been to this venue before, what's the parking like?

There is onsite parking at the College and at another of their buildings nearby for which there is a £1 charge. However spaces here are limited and at times last year the College staff were operating 'one out, one in' which led to some queues. Unfortunately this is unavoidable at times and with the closure of both of our two previous venues at The Assembly Rooms and Moorways, we had nowhere else to go.

There is also a public Pay and Display car park for £5 as well as the Station car park at £7.50 - you do not want the main car park as you will be the wrong side of the tracks and the bridge is supposed to be for travellers only. Most of the roads are 'double yellow' lines so please check any restrictions before parking at the roadside - other wise use the City Centre car parks and walk over the bridge into Pride Park

As mentioned above, it would be best to travel by train or come on Sunday which is a much quieter day and the car parks won't be so congested.

post-18-0-26627700-1462481431_thumb.jpg

The photo above shows some of the parking to the left and rear of the building plus we have the use of most of the office spaces next door. You can also see the station car park and the edge of the pay and display area on the far right of the picture. The other College building where there will be more spaces is just a bit further out of shot on the right.

Just another heads up, Derby County are playing at home on the Saturday with a 12.30 kick off, so expect roads and parking to be busier than normal for a few hours around pride park.

Archived