York Model Railway Show - Easter 2010

BigMal

York Model Railway Show

Easter Saturday, Sunday and Monday - 3rd, 4th and 5th April 10am to 5pm each day.

Another selection of the finest in Railway Modelling, Trade Stands, and Demonstrations.

For full details visit the website York Show

N.B. Mike Cook, the Show Manager had a minor accident recently and is still in hospital.

If you have tried to contact Mike in the last 3 to 4 weeks you will not have had a reply.

For the moment please direct ALL communications to myself Deputy Show Manager

Thanks Mal

Or joining the New Hey massive in the Maltings - along I suspect with the crew of Calne!

I think itd be rude not too :)

Im going to try as many pubs as possible this year! last time I was there I went to one called the wonky donkey which was nice :)

Mike

• RMweb Premium

Wheal Elizabeth will be making the trip too. Really looking forward to it. York is such a lovely place and the show's always good too. Here's hoping Mike will soon be out of hospital.

York is my favourite exhibition of the year. It's the one my Father started taking me to years ago, and we've never missed one yet. It's also one of the few opportunities I get to catch up with the artist John Wigston - one of my favourite artist if the paintings on the walls of my house and office are anything to go by.

Guest TomTank

very much looking forward to this one, not long indeed, hopefully have a mate coming up for it too!

Can't wait

Tom

Or joining the New Hey massive in the Maltings - along I suspect with the crew of Calne!

....and possibly stopping off before the Maltings at the Chinese buffet nearby for 'all you can eat' for £8 ?? (I think it's that after 6pm.....) :rolleyes:

I shall be there at the exhibition, the Maltings and the Chinese, and anywhere else we can get to, probably with the South Wales lads.

Penlan - West Cornwall :P

....and possibly stopping off before the Maltings at the Chinese buffet nearby for 'all you can eat' for £8 ?? (I think it's that after 6pm.....) rolleyes.gif

I shall be there at the exhibition, the Maltings and the Chinese, and anywhere else we can get to, probably with the South Wales lads.

Penlan - West Cornwall tongue.gif

The Jumbo (the Chinese) is always featured on the route to the maltings and points (or is that pubs) onwardswink.gif

The Jumbo (the Chinese) is always featured on the route to the maltings and points (or is that pubs) onwardswink.gif

....... and of course once homeward bound to the digs, through Micklegate and there's the chippie opposite the cinema, open to midnight and serving traditional Chips w'e Gravy, or for the more cosmipolitan, Chips w'e Curry Sauce, there's sometimes side dishes still available like pie or fish.. laugh.gif

Penlan - my wife's not so sure about coming wiith me now, but the hotel is booked, so that's it - not an exhibitor either, just a groupie this year.....

BigMal

Ooops, missed the OP first few times......

Hope Mike is comfortable, presumably this means he will not be seen at the show this year.

His book 'The Show Goes On' re. the history of York Exhibition is still available at the Barbican Book Shop (In York, not London) at 2.50 GBP, or at least last November it was.

Penlan

I will be making a day trip on the Sunday. As it is a 3 hour drive each way this means no ale for me [grrr] but you guys who are there for the duration deserve to enjoy yourselves out of hours!

If RMWeb meets haven't gone out of fashion let's have one somewhere.

Chris

So, hotel booked a year ago, various meet-up's organised, car in fine fettle, etc. etc. and then broke two bones in my right wrist, plus fractured a bone in the thumb on Saturday night.

Now a whole lot of plaster for 6 weeks, so apart from a considerable minus in brownie points domesticaly - I do (did) most of the driving - this means my visit to York is off. I know I could come by train, but there was a cunning plan involving visiting relations either way too (to improve the original brownie points tally - scuppered).

So, Jumbo's and the Maltings is out, learning to write and type left handed now main focus.

How....? Returning (walking) from the Pirates Rugby Club in Penzance towards Newlyn, around midnight on Saturday, I fell off a flat footpath and my right hand took the full weight of my body - OK there was 3' drop to another path, but the lighting was not very good B) - great night before that though....... but had to miss the Sunday lunchtime Jazz Club.

Penlan

So, hotel booked a year ago, various meet-up's organised, car in fine fettle, etc. etc. and then broke two bones in my right wrist, plus fractured a bone in the thumb on Saturday night.

Now a whole lot of plaster for 6 weeks, so apart from a considerable minus in brownie points domesticaly - I do (did) most of the driving - this means my visit to York is off. I know I could come by train, but there was a cunning plan involving visiting relations either way too (to improve the original brownie points tally - scuppered).

So, Jumbo's and the Maltings is out, learning to write and type left handed now main focus.

How....? Returning (walking) from the Pirates Rugby Club in Penzance towards Newlyn, around midnight on Saturday, I fell off a flat footpath and my right hand took the full weight of my body - OK there was 3' drop to another path, but the lighting was not very good B) - great night before that though....... but had to miss the Sunday lunchtime Jazz Club.

Penlan

Sandy,

sorry to hear that, it's so annoying when you disrupt your modelling activities and other plans.

Regards,

Jol

As I'm about to leave in the next few minutes for Cuba and I wont be back till the day before the show I will say a quick good bye and I hope to meet a few of you at the York show.

I will be with the EBOR group operating Rowntree Halt but more than likely chin waging rather than operating....:rolleyes:

So hope to see you there,:icon_wave:

Darren.

Archived