Alpinline.com ceases production at the end of March 2016

RhBBob

The alpinline.com website advises that the remaining production ceases on 31 March 2016 and the moulds etc., are available to purchase, by offer before that date.

Eleven years of reasonably priced '0m' practical production in such a limited market, comes to an end.  Yes, I know that brass models are always available from well-known suppliers but not the kind of models I would wish to pack in a suitcase or three, in a large van, and then drive up to 150 miles to an exhibition  :cry:

Bemo have bravely taken up the challenge and so far - one Tm 2/2 tractor in service on Zeilende and a wagon on order - they look to be quality items backed up by the usual efficient after-sales service.

It does seem surprising that this range has never really had much success having been under several owners.

Yes, given the large number of metre gauge railways on Continental Europe, it does seem surprising.  I first saw the Fama advert in Die Modelleisenbahn back in 1984 and ordered my first lot from Georg Utz, the second owner.  Taught me a lot about the Swiss; I asked for a 'pro-forma' invoice to pay prior to shipment but a week later the complete order arrived with an invoice asking for payment  :O

Archived