Craig Watson

Had a conducted tour of one of these - 4604 - at North Vancouver when BC Rail had just received them. Had all the robot control system (mounted inside the 'nose' alongside the loo) explained to me and was given a manual. Fabulous locos but I could never afford the brass HO model. Don't suppose you need photos, Rapido, but if you do, I have some in fresh BC Rail paint. Rapido, you've done it again! (CJL)

post-1062-0-94130300-1458297911_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Read the news letter, a welcome move for sure.

Sad to read Mike's health taking a turn for the worse, I had some wonderful dealings with him last year after successfully bidding for an Enterprise LRC - the first Rapido model I physically own. Hang in there Mike, we are praying for you.

• 8 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Help!

Dan, Gareth or anyone out there who has a Rapido BC Rail Dash-8 and has fitted the BC Rail extras in the pack. 

Firstly, the horns need to be mounted right forward on the bracket. Has anyone done this successfully, without damaging the bell and its mounting, or is it better to admit defeat and mount the horns way back on the bracket, behind the bell?

Secondly, those all important rock lights. Thanks for including them and making them (potentially) operational but the instructions don't give much advice on fitting them. 

I guess the pilot needs to be drilled and the wires conducted back through the chassis, past the front truck without obstructing the truck movement. How much dismantling - sorry, disassembly - will be needed to achieve this? 

Should the LEDs be glued to the pilot and the plastic light mouldings fitted over them? Or should the LEDs be, somehow, attached to the rear of the light mouldings? 

Any advice would be appreciated and I figure by putting it on here it will accessible to more people - unless I'm the only BCR modeller out here! (CJL)

post-1062-0-39748300-1516199667_thumb.jpeg

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...