Could my new 08 be faulty?

35 Ark Royal

Hi i followed Bachmann's instructions and ran the loco with out a load in both directions.The problem is when i bring loco to a crawl it keeps stopping.I am on DC at the momment.With the hand of god giving it a gentle push it moves of again.Is this normal or is mine faulty? Also it seems to judder when running at a moderate or maximum speed.

Any advise appreciated

Ian

• RMweb Gold

Sounds obvious, but starting with the basics.

Is your track clean?

Do other locos on the same track and power supply have similar issues?

Are all your connections ok, nothing loose which might cause intermitent power supply?

biggrin.gif

Hi i followed Bachmann's instructions and ran the loco with out a load in both directions.The problem is when i bring loco to a crawl it keeps stopping.I am on DC at the momment.With the hand of god giving it a gentle push it moves of again.Is this normal or is mine faulty? Also it seems to judder when running at a moderate or maximum speed.

Any advise appreciated

Ian

Check all the pickups are making good contact with the wheel backs. If not bend them out a touch so they are (it's a known thing that some of the Bachmann locos come with the pickups not optimally adjusted, and some not making best contact), then give the loco a good running in period of around an hour. It should be fine after that.

Alan

It may be the pickups behind the wheels, not bearing right on the wheel, but first check thr track is spotless etc, and the wheels are clean, run for a while to settle in before re-trying low speed. It could be other things, but maybe best if no improvment is straight back to the shop for replacement.

Stephen.

I assume this is the later version? If it is then the pick ups might be at fault, particularly if the loco stops on a bend. The wheel tracks sideways and the pick up doesn't. Quite common.

Early versions of this model had pick ups on the wheel treads if previous postings are remembered correctly and are consequently notorious for picking up crud. This would account for the third time round stop.

Archived