Jazz 7mm Workbench

jazz

Another excellent, clean build, Ken.

"As usual", built in less time than it takes me to read the instructions!! :D

(....yes, I know you've built a few of these!)

Regards, Deano.

Edited by Deano747
  • Thanks 1

Work this afternoon has seen the cylinders, slide bars and connecting rods all soldered together to allow a removable unit all held in place with four 8BA bolts.  Also a start made on the brake gear.

876573067_jubilee6-1(1).jpg.7c74e1f8a8a6d3f8d5a2abae4d702f68.jpg

• Like 12

Nothing done yesterday but have done a bit this afternoon. The chassis is as far as I get until the painted.

Got all the valve gear done and moving nicely.  When the wheels are fitted the final cranks can be fitted.

I should be able to have a full day tomorrow on the body.

Lousy photo, taken in poor light<_<

516292247_jubilee7-1(1).jpg.54955512e67c0ce36b7b1f6f4c45937b.jpg

• Like 8

All but done now.  (Not forgetting the cab roof vent, of course.).  The cab roof and associated beading was the trickiest and time consuming single part of the build. I took me three attempts at getting everything aligned correctly.

Next job is stripping it down, cleaning it up and priming.

1665847160_jubilee11-1(1).jpg.f9713283791cee9dab0605c1d0ed6075.jpg

• Like 12

Here is one I've been asked to Finish off. A Gladiator kit and has taken a bit of work with all the detailing  and assembly of the firebox/boiler/smokebox unit. The chassis need completing too.

329412809_lnwrsuperheater4-6-2tank-1.jpg.c8af4301c38887e4f2968880c7eac1f1.jpg

Edited by jazz
  • Like 10
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

Hi all. Welcome to 2021. Hoping it will be a much better year for all.  Now for that wagon build. This is the Majestic Models gas twin gas tank.  I thought this would be a quick build but it turned out to be a very busy model to build. The twin tanks were the main issue. The first tank, easy to attach. Not so with the second one as the middle gap was inaccessible to fit the straps and solder the tank to the supports.   Tried a couple of methods and eventually got it done.

Quite a nice looking wagon I think.

474097703_gastank-1.jpg.e02789ebbe4690f8cba02575109f14a1.jpg

• Like 6
  • Craftsmanship/clever 6

Onwards now with a Lochgorm Kit.  This the HR Loch class.  Not an easy one to build but did take some time to assemble the chassis.  The kit, I believe is described as 'an aid to scratch building'.  I think that fits the bill.^_^ 

126819037_loch1-1.jpg.0522978595e2d1ca79f539d0d59da399.jpg

• Like 7
  • Craftsmanship/clever 2

On 01/01/2021 at 17:48, jazz said:

Hi all. Welcome to 2021. Hoping it will be a much better year for all.  Now for that wagon build. This is the Majestic Models gas twin gas tank.  I thought this would be a quick build but it turned out to be a very busy model to build. The twin tanks were the main issue. The first tank, easy to attach. Not so with the second one as the middle gap was inaccessible to fit the straps and solder the tank to the supports.   Tried a couple of methods and eventually got it done.

Quite a nice looking wagon I think.

474097703_gastank-1.jpg.e02789ebbe4690f8cba02575109f14a1.jpg

Neat model, Ken. Is it reasonable to assume that the twin tank model will be spray painted and the difficult to reach areas left in an "out of sight, out of mind" basis?

2 hours ago, Ohmisterporter said:

Neat model, Ken. Is it reasonable to assume that the twin tank model will be spray painted and the difficult to reach areas left in an "out of sight, out of mind" basis?

Thanks Geoff.  Painting the wagon is definitely going be a challenge.  I will be giving it a waft over with grey primer then it's up to Geoff's painter to do his stuff on it.   I guess he will do what I was taught by and professional model painter and that's spray what you can and brush paint the areas the spray cannot reach.

• Informative/Useful 2