naturol

Hi Naturol

Making some fab progress, layout looks Great.

Am sorry to hear that things had not quite turned out as planned.. But Top results on the compromise.

Just had more of the same trouble myself with shunting puzzle project I am working on (joint father&Son venture) like you.. Shuffle round and end result actually turns out better.

Any trains running/testing yet?.

Regards

Dan

Hi Naturol

Making some fab progress, layout looks Great.

Am sorry to hear that things had not quite turned out as planned.. But Top results on the compromise.

Just had more of the same trouble myself with shunting puzzle project I am working on (joint father&Son venture) like you.. Shuffle round and end result actually turns out better.

Any trains running/testing yet?.

Regards

Dan

I was hoping to lay the track permanently today, but a heavy night on the lash yesterday put paid to that, by the time I'd rolled out of bed it was nearly 1330. I haven't slept like that in about ten years.

So to answer the question, yes I have had it running, but took the track up, ready to put it down again imminently, I intend to use plaster bandage to cover the landscape first mind, but I have that to hand, and a RH set track point to have a small siding adjacent to the large screens building.

If it goes to plan, hopefully have movement by next weekend.

Spent a few hours yesterday in another local quarry taking some backscene landscape pictures which will need to be stitched together digitally, so progress is onward and upward.

Paul.

• Like 2

Hi Paul,

Nothing wrong with a good heavy night, hope was a good one. I have found that sometimes a little distraction from a project can be a good thing .. Gives new insight and different perspectives.

Great that you got a research trip in and at same time got an valuable & great back scene too, awesome. Good to hear that you have been running trains, bet it was great to see .. Especially after all hard work with the project so far?.

Regards

Dan

• Like 1

wooh. A sugar lump scales to approx 900 X 1200 X 1000 well within acceptable compromises.

Sprayed up a few dozen in a grey / beige colour and will overspray a silver colour through a net to get the cage effect.

Plaster bandage and set track point all make appearances this evening.

• Like 2

That's Great Paul.

Did you enter for the exhibition or were you invited?.. Either way it's Awesome.

Regards

Dan

Hi Dan.

Well the truth is, I was asked to take Vopak terminal.. But it's having a heavy touring spree this year, and I thought locals would be fed up with it. So, I offered the boys at Cardiff 4mm club ( part of the organisers) this instead, which they have provisionally accepted.

Need to get it finished, draw up a plan and write a little text for their show website next.

This weekend should see the scenery develop and track go down.

A places 96 sugar lumps on the layout last night, but even that number wasn't enough, so another two Tate and lyle box,s are on their way.

Paul.

Nothing like a deadline to focus the mind!

Looking forward to seeing the Tate & Lyle gabions - sounds a genius solution.

I was given a bag of dubious origin chocolate mini Easter eggs on Saturday, and they came in a small nylon sack, finer than those used for oranges, which would make excellent cliff stabilising meshing, which will also obscure the few areas where the ground covering will be off a less visible scenic nature.

Little modelling this week, still haven't bought the other three boxes of sugar cubes yet.

Paul.

Today I have mostly been casting plaster of Paris into woodland scenic cliff latex mould.

£3.00 gets you a large bag of plaster of Paris from hobbycraft.

Allowing the plaster to set in the mould for around an hour then removing the cast has been an on going chore all day.

I've made ten casts now and can safely say I've had enough.post-9901-0-32182300-1461522074.jpegpost-9901-0-90164100-1461522414.jpeg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...

following the move of house, and the impending small Cardiff show on 21st January, I need to get a move on if I want to exhibit something, would love to take the new O gauge layout, but that's a long way off. So a little bit of scenery work this evening to get the cliffs in place and a covering of plaster bandage to bond it all together.

Will need a second coat at a later date to get a bit more form to the landscape.

post-9901-0-30412800-1478121597.jpeg

post-9901-0-84417800-1478121612.jpeg

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

And if I get my way (like I did at SWING...) then it may play host to a Barclay and Peckett at some point.

Though as diesel-era layouts go I must say it is nice, and unusual. Big by my standards though!

• 3 years later...