Agung Craft Indonesian models

DavidB-AU

Does anybody know about an Indonesian company called Agung Craft which makes 1:87 models of Kereta Api Indonesia locos and rollingstock? Came across these by accident and they intrigued me. Unfortunately I can't find anything in English.

I found a few low quality videos of them in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ClvM3FrYKbs

Cheers

David

I bought one a few years ago. It is just a static model like the Atlas collection and is more of a 1/80 scale model.They use Frateschi parts as I understand to power it. I took it apart to power but never got further. Bought it through some Indonesian retailer online, but cannot remember which one. You have to google "U20C Indonesia" to see a retailer
http://304761.homepagemodules.de/t81362890f34-Besuch-in-der-Modellbahnmanufaktur-von-Frans-in-Bandung-m-B.html

• 1 month later...
  • RMweb Premium

Looking at further details on-line the coaches look more promising than the locomotives. The coaches don't look too bad, the locomotives do look rather crude. However at 260000 rupiah (less than £14) its worth a punt as a souvenir.

Rail seems to be on the up in Indonesia, with the new Jakarta - Bandung rail link going ahead.

agung craft are made by local home industry using plastic mold injection and only produce dummy model,indonesian modeller usualy using GP7 or GP9 chassis and powerplant from any manufacture for the agung craft shell just like in the video..

but since the founder passed away,there are no new model produce,and indonesian modeller build their local train by themself, but some seller had their stock..

you may visit pinguin trains hobby in jakarta or visit the owners facebook page mr andreas joedy..,its one of the official agung craft seller

fyi,agungcraft using 16,5 mm gauge because indonesian modeller using it,and so hard to find gauge track from its original scale

Archived