Revolution to produce PFA/KFA container flat in N

Revolution Ben

• RMweb Gold

Any ideas on the deadline yet?

Hi there,

The models are still being tested in Canada but I think the start of the Pendolino production has taken their attention for the last few days.

There will be further updates here, and of course those who've registered should receive regular email updates too.

Cheers

Ben A.

• 1 month later...

A further use for the KFA - there's a new (ish) Kirow Multitasker, number 99 70 9319 012-9 (UK number 81626) in use with SB Rail (Swietelsky Babcock) that has a Salmon and a KFA as runners. The Salmon runs empty, the KFA has three yellow 20 ft modules on it.

The KFA in question is TIPH 93330 and is a lovely faded blue colour.

You can just see the KFA to the left here https://www.flickr.com/photos/turners_pics/33658929965/in/photolist-ThjPdH-ThjN7z-T9w6mh-SNaT7m-Soiqpw-S92Xob-R5oyBh-S1Emae-S1EkTx-T13Aef-T13Acw-RQC22a-T1YAcJ-Sq9N9f-Sq9NHw-RpYJjR-SsBzTM-Re7ADk-ScPLGS-R1KaqZ-S8JWnX-S5avDy-QwRRae-RsW4fM-RexXQY-Rm3F9C-QTKfKP-QRgP9f-QTKkbc-S5atuo-QTKnea-RWNsYn-QTKrSi-S6uu6i-RZERCU-RLp4Qz-RuxsVY-RzrDYv-RefnJ5-Rei3K7-Rp8YDd-RsFq7X-RsFmuX-RgTnnr-Rh8HEH-ResJRm-Rh7Y3H-Re2Cyw-RsB5cp-Ry6jAu

Here's another shot of it

https://www.flickr.com/photos/142696522@N05/30701896996/in/photolist-9CZqra-NM2fkE

This looks like the same modules, but has since lost the white framework. This is pre crane, so don't know what the frame work is for, but shows the blue colour nicely

https://www.flickr.com/photos/86734924@N03/26597457346/in/photolist-GwjVqN-G9u68w-Gqrucu-GsSwBM-GyCA6B

Jo

Edited by Steadfast
  • Like 2

• RMweb Premium

Interesting but too new fangled!

What you need is to replicate the front cover of John Dedman's "British Railway Wagons 1980-2015"

https://www.flickr.com/photos/johndedman/28898630112/in/album-72157629958730337/

A pair of class 37s, six TTAs (Farish), 4 Silver Bullets (Dapol) and four KFA (Revolution).

Two of the KFAs are loaded with paper, the rear two with aluminium ingots.

Happy modelling,

Steven B.

• Like 7

• 1 month later...

Livery will depend on when you are modelling - probably the PFA coded version. Links to photos on first page of this thread.

The VNH1 bogied flat certainly ran up the WHL, don't know whether any of the GPS bogied flats ever got up there.

Cheers, Mike

I never did answer your question! It'll be 1988/89....so any ideas which one I'll need please?

• 5 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Hi guys,

I've discovered a potential modelling opportunity using a GPS bogied KFA.

www.railwaygazette.com/news/infrastructure/single-view/view/high-output-concrete-train-supports-electrification.html

Is the order book still open?

Jo

• RMweb Gold

Hi guys,

I've discovered a potential modelling opportunity using a GPS bogied KFA.

www.railwaygazette.com/news/infrastructure/single-view/view/high-output-concrete-train-supports-electrification.html

Is the order book still open?

Jo

Wow - good find. And yes, the order book is still open. We will post here when we have a deadline, as we have just done in the Cargowaggons thread (May 11th)

Cheers

Ben A.

Excellent thanks Ben, I did check back through the thread and wanted to make sure I hadn't missed you announcing a date.

The concrete wagon has been parked up in the yard at work with a Plasser GP TRAMM (like a 4 wheeled MPV) awaiting onward movement for several months so it's had a while for my creative juices to get flowing!

Jo

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

Hi Ben and Mike. What happened to these wagons? There were some really promising samples posted a year or two ago, but I don't recall seeing anything since? Unless they've been and gone and I completely missed it? Pretty sure I pre-ordered at least one!

Justin

• 3 months later...

Not long ago ordered the HOA wagons and looking back down my order history on the Revolution site noticed the KFAs which I had forgotten about. The order is still processing. No mention in the recent newsletters but that is presumably because they are Rapido production?

Are they on their way yet?

Thanks!

Dave

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

KFA TIPH93344 is currently at Westbury in a configuration I've never seen a KFA. It's in use as a Salmon, with 3 of the 20ft modules previously fitted the GBRF/ Metronet FEA flats. Will try for pics tomorrow

Jo

• Like 1
  • Informative/Useful 1

As promised. A few pics of KFA TIPH 93344. As one of them shows, the modules on this one were previously on GBRf FEA 640922. Although not of the type done by Revolution, I've also seen an RLS prefix KFA with Salmon modules this weekend too, so there's more out there. I'm guessing the FEAs are being put into the container fleet to standardise.

IMG_20190904_151720-2080x1560.jpg.26fd6ddef267b2f8950c1eb2a25adf22.jpg

IMG_20190907_091931-2080x1560.jpg.29d7af6c3b7bc69ad762a800f3840e4d.jpg

IMG_20190907_092013-2080x1560.jpg.0df7d660f5fd4cb9e20d4f73938f16f7.jpg

Jo

• Like 2
  • Informative/Useful 1

• 1 month later...
On 08/09/2019 at 18:27, Steadfast said:

As promised. A few pics of KFA TIPH 93344. As one of them shows, the modules on this one were previously on GBRf FEA 640922. Although not of the type done by Revolution, I've also seen an RLS prefix KFA with Salmon modules this weekend too, so there's more out there. I'm guessing the FEAs are being put into the container fleet to standardise.

Jo

I've been pointed to your photo, as these are really difficult to snap! For the GBRf uptake in NR Infrastructure moves and take over of Eastleigh yard for CP6 contracts, there was a requirement for more track carrier flats (salmons) so GBRf have hired in a fleet of KFAs (both TIPH and RLS) and placed their salmon flats on (I have only personally seen the RLS with salmons, but great to see the TIPH for my Hornby OOs). The KFAs were overhauled this summer at March, Cambridgeshire and are now in service. But prove too hard to photo up close as always zipping through Eastleigh. Why hire in KFAs when GBRf have a fleet of FEA-S for the purpose of the track carriers? As all the FEA-S are used on intermodal flows (which has seen significant growth since there was last a demand for track carriers). 

(DB Cargo UK owns the majority of the YSA 'Salmon' Bogie Bolster Wagons and lost the Eastleigh Yard to GBRf for CP6, so GBRf has had to resource flats). 

It will be great to pick these up at Christmas when I'm back in the UK, if they are distributed in time.

I need to get some more research in on late 80s containers. I don't think there are many out there in N gauge for this period, are there?

On 09/11/2019 at 06:08, 47475 said:

It will be great to pick these up at Christmas when I'm back in the UK, if they are distributed in time.

I need to get some more research in on late 80s containers. I don't think there are many out there in N gauge for this period, are there?

Hallo,

In YouTube there is a channel called Kartwheelkarl with many 1980s clips. One of the Stafford ones definitely has a freightliner. Enter Trains at Rugby 1984 and you'll see another. Search Crewe 1980s as well. What strikes me is that the name of the shipping company is not prominent.

Also if you look at a Farish catalogue from early 90s you can get an idea of what was around late 80s.

Hope this helps

es grüßt 

pc

Edited by Padishar Creel
Correct search name for Rugby
  • Agree 1
  • Informative/Useful 1