Class 47 variant

Marcyg

Well, as there were three basic variations of Inter City Mainline and three basic variations of boiler roof ports and a hugely complex venn diagram that would include flush fronted locos, it’s probably easier to tell us what you have currently.

Then we can decide what you can turn it in to.

Also, have a look further down for a thread titled "RTR renumbering options"

Sorry, just reread my post, was a little vague wasn't it! I have a Lima 47 47811 in IC mainline livery (I know, it's Lima, all my 47's are). I bought it thinking it was a late 80s loco, but it appears it was of a retro repaint well outside of my modelled era (late 80's very early 90's). I have a flush cab front number 1 end, and a normal plated head code the other end. I'd like to keep it as an unnamed mainline 47 if possible. Have looked at various places, but there's no definitive answer

Sorry, just reread my post, was a little vague wasn't it! I have a Lima 47 47811 in IC mainline livery (I know, it's Lima, all my 47's are). I bought it thinking it was a late 80s loco, but it appears it was of a retro repaint well outside of my modelled era (late 80's very early 90's). I have a flush cab front number 1 end, and a normal plated head code the other end. I'd like to keep it as an unnamed mainline 47 if possible. Have looked at various places, but there's no definitive answer

Archived