Kenline kits

An old kenline kit I found along with 4 others so I thought lets build'em and see what we get. I think they build into a robust usable wagon,not state of the art by todays standards maybe but still ok.now awaiting paint, the brake levers will be fitted after painting

post-28019-0-42169500-1459408373_thumb.jpg

Well I don't know what the prototype is. But apart from the brake shoes being way to far from the wheels it looks fine to me, I just hope you fitted bearings and modern wheels so it rolls well as it looks as I no extra weight will be required !

• 2 weeks later...

So it's not a new all singing and dancing etched new thing.

But did it not give you pleasure to build....

And I know I picked about the brake shoes and you gave a fair enough reply

But I think you should be happy with it as it looks V good to me and I would be happy to put it in a train if it was mine

• RMweb Premium

Ken line provided many a scratch builder the bits needed to and always gave the wagon the weight to make it roll

I've used many Kenline bits in the past, and very nice castings they were.  Don't think I built a whole Kenline kit though.

Lovely job on that wagon, looks a treat and I bet it weighs a ton.

Cheers, Dave.

So it's not a new all singing and dancing etched new thing.

But did it not give you pleasure to build....

And I know I picked about the brake shoes and you gave a fair enough reply

But I think you should be happy with it as it looks V good to me and I would be happy to put it in a train if it was mine

Kenline did just about the finest castings for wagons in the 1970's. I used many of them and still have some in my collection of bits.

You made a nice looking wagon there.

Derek

Kenline did just about the finest castings for wagons in the 1970's. I used many of them and still have some in my collection of bits.

Derek

Steve

You have made a nice job of building this kit, these kits are great for those who like to do a bit of model making rather than just sticking a few parts together. Some like to build as designed for a retro model, others like to bring certain parts up to today's standards (pin point bearings etc). Nothing wrong either way as long as you enjoy the process

I did use pinpoint bearings and Maygib wheels but the rest is Kenline. As for weight it's not as heavy as a Dave Green kit but heavier than e plastic kit thanks again for the positive comments

Steve

You have made a nice job of building this kit, these kits are great for those who like to do a bit of model making rather than just sticking a few parts together. Some like to build as designed for a retro model, others like to bring certain parts up to today's standards (pin point bearings etc). Nothing wrong either way as long as you enjoy the process

• 2 weeks later...

Derek

Totally agree with you. They made the obvious stuff that is tedious to make well for very reasonable prices. If I see any on club stands I'll buy it.

Their wagon chassis are well worth while picking up if you come across any.

Chris.

Archived