Watford Model Railway Exhibition 7th May 2016

tug60069

South West Herts Model Railway Society present the Watford Model Railway Exhibition to be held at Queens School, Aldenham Road, Bushey, Watford, WD23 2TY.  Over 20 high quality layouts and 15 traders and preservation societies. Open 10.00 - 16.30. Easy disabled access. Refreshments available and free parking.  For more details including layouts and traders see www.southwesthertsmrs.org.uk.

The exhibition will see the launch of our new club layout 'Silverbury' based on the Chiltern lines in modern times.

post-4433-0-86084600-1459504302_thumb.jpg

• 1 month later...

Just bumped this topic as it's only 3 days away.

One late announcement is the withdrawal of High Peak due to damage in storage.  It will be replaced by Springfield Street Yard, a HO American switching layout based near Chicago in the 1970s-90s. 23 layouts and plenty of trade support.  See website southwesthertsmrs.org.uk or UK Modelshops website for details

The show more than made up for the extra hour and a half on our journey caused by the traffic chaos between us and the Blackwall tunnel homeward bound. The layouts were excellent and the traders well chosen, I managed to get some obscure spares I needed from one and some great books from another.  I was intrigued by the Italian layout and Sand Point, one of my favorite NG models among a strong selection of works.  

Big thank you to the organisers (Particularly the catering team who worked incredibly hard) I wish you were organising the A406 we'd have got home far easier.

CAT

The show more than made up for the extra hour and a half on our journey caused by the traffic chaos between us and the Blackwall tunnel homeward bound. The layouts were excellent and the traders well chosen, I managed to get some obscure spares I needed from one and some great books from another.  I was intrigued by the Italian layout and Sand Point, one of my favorite NG models among a strong selection of works.  

Big thank you to the organisers (Particularly the catering team who worked incredibly hard) I wish you were organising the A406 we'd have got home far easier.

CAT

As a member of SWHMRS, thank you for your kind comments - I will pass them on, including to my wife who was one of the exhibitor lunch catering team, as well as other ladies who helped at the public facing roles.  WE would be lost without their support.  My understanding is that attendance was similar to 2015 - as classroom overseer it felt very busy in the first 3 hours.  I'll ask John Davy to sort out the A406 and the tunnel!!  Given my back has been complaining at the effects of furniture shifting after closure, light work this afternoon on my own new layout was prescribed.

Archived