• RMweb Gold

The booked working from Donny is 6S31 13.26 Decoy Up Yard to Millerhill and the corresponding return 6E36, 21.09 Millerhill to Decoy Down Yard. 

Thanks buddy. I think I may have to start to read some 'modern' railway style magazines as I know so little about the operations of today's railway.

Who owns these Loco's then?

ATB

Phil

They are owned by a leasing company called Beacon Rail but are leased exclusively to DRS.

• RMweb Gold

Thanks buddy. I think I may have to start to read some 'modern' railway style magazines as I know so little about the operations of today's railway.

Who owns these Loco's then?

ATB

Phil

In addition to 'modern' railway style magazines there are a few internet resources available.  Of the free ones this is pretty good and in my experience accurate, although the website has been a bit flakey in the last couple of months;  http://www.abrail.co.uk

Of course, there's no shortage of modern railway followers and big railway employees on RMweb too.   :yes:

They are owned by a leasing company called Beacon Rail but are leased exclusively to DRS.

When 88003 was on show at the InnoTrans trade fair in 2016 it displayed the 'Beacon Rail Leasing Limited' graphic.  As far as I know it was the only locomotive in the class so treated and it was removed before the loco entered service in the UK.

post-414-0-21204200-1534929464.jpg

• Like 3

• 7 months later...
  • RMweb Gold

Been some debate on this at work , is this the first electric loco to Lynn, I believe an 86 got to Ely on a charter even though locos are not really permitted north of the Milton neutral section

• RMweb Gold
18 minutes ago, russ p said:

I was on 0Z41, was it you I spoke to near Wymondham? 

I had to leave photographing you today because of work hence the lack of wave at Eccles.

• Like 1

I only found out because it was booked into Crown Point, so checked to see what traction it was and I was surprised to see it was an 88 on the GSM-r, then was told it was 2 so gave it a run over trowse bridge in front of an intercity knowing it wouldn't hang around with that kind of horsepower and dropped it into the sidings at the drivers request. Isnt it the first 88 pairing to visit Norwich?

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

It is the first pair to Norwich, they would have been on diesel going into the low level, think the driver had had enough of swapping modes by then.

So it must have been you I spoke to if you were on Norwich panel as I was an hour in front

• RMweb Gold

According to Realtime Trains, their returning to Willesden tomorrow, leaving at 08.30 and travelling via Colchester, Walton and Clacton, then via Stratford.

• Like 1
  • Agree 1

1 hour ago, jools1959 said:

According to Realtime Trains, their returning to Willesden tomorrow, leaving at 08.30 and travelling via Colchester, Walton and Clacton, then via Stratford.

08:30 to clacton and Walton!! That wont cause too much of a hastle at that time lol

Going to miss that as I'm not back in until 18:00.

5 hours ago, jools1959 said:

Headcode 0Z90 leaving Norwich at 07:53, has a brief pause in claydon loop 08:33-09:04, and then to harwich town, colchester, Walton, colchester town, clacton, then off to London.

Edited by Siggie in the east

9 hours ago, russ p said:

Been some debate on this at work , is this the first electric loco to Lynn, I believe an 86 got to Ely on a charter even though locos are not really permitted north of the Milton neutral section

Milton and Kings Lynn feeder stations have relatively recently been upgraded to allow a larger power draw (no doubt to enable 8 car trains), so that restriction could probably be removed if it were necessary to do so.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...