Porth Merryn, Small Cornish Fishing Port

Andrew P

• RMweb Premium

Before you start another layout why don't you go around finishing off all your followers' layouts for them.

At the rate you work everyone would be finished in next to no time.

• Like 1

Hi Andy,

You have done a top job on this layout, I am sure it will sell. I am thinking young George has got you thinking about a 7mm layout??

All the best Peter.

Before you start another layout why don't you go around finishing off all your followers' layouts for them.

At the rate you work everyone would be finished in next to no time.

Nice idea mate, are you paying the Air Fare to Aus? hahhahaha

Hi Andy,

You have done a top job on this layout, I am sure it will sell. I am thinking young George has got you thinking about a 7mm layout??

All the best Peter.

I do have an O Gauge 08 coming, but I have other plans, it WILL be different, (no NOT Narrow Gauge) and will take up the whole of the Old Potting Shed.

• Like 1

And starting this new page with another pic from a different set of pics.

attachicon.gifRM Photo Shoot 018.JPG

Great little layout Andy, superbly executed.

Just one little quibble - in this pic it looks like the short back scene board could be usefully extended behind the pub, or have I got it wrong?

Best Regards,

Brian.

• Like 1

• RMweb Premium

Hi Andy

Save all that bother of trying to sell it, just bug it in the black bin on Friday.

Edit, if not this Friday you will have to wait till the 22nd July.

Essexman getting his own back after your yobbos pushed me camper van in the drink.

Edited by Clive Mortimore

Great little layout Andy, superbly executed.

Just one little quibble - in this pic it looks like the short back scene board could be usefully extended behind the pub, or have I got it wrong?

Best Regards,

Brian.

PUB? No Pub on the Layout Brian, I assume you mean the Quay Stores, two reasons, firstly the cottages are in the way, secondly I wanted to maintain the view from the end of the board between the Cottages and the Stores.

post-9335-0-71050800-1467552376_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

Hi Andy

Save all that bother of trying to sell it, just bug it in the black bin on Friday.

Edit, if not this Friday you will have to wait till the 22nd July.

Essexman getting his own back after your yobbos pushed me camper van in the drink.

Or wait till November the 5th. hahhahhha and stick ESSEXMAN on top hhahahheeeeee :nono:  :nono: :nono:  :nono:  :nono:  

Nice idea mate, are you paying the Air Fare to Aus? hahhahaha

I do have an O Gauge 08 coming, but I have other plans, it WILL be different, (no NOT Narrow Gauge) and will take up the whole of the Old Potting Shed.

Different?

Scottish Highlands branch line with blue A3's and crimson/cream coaches? :D

Can't see you having any trouble at all selling this or Pencarne. They are both superb layouts. Having achieved something like this I would never have the heart to part company with them. That's just my personal view as I know you get your pleasure from building layouts rather than operating them. Will certainly be sad to see them depart from the forum though.

Can't wait to see the new project commencing. Sure it will be another cracker.

Cheers

Marcus

• Like 1

I am sure both layouts will find new owners easily and I can imagine members of Andy's club will snap them up. Many remain of his past layouts remain on the show circuit with new owners. Tempted by this layout myself I must admit!

Can't see you having any trouble at all selling this or Pencarne. They are both superb layouts. Having achieved something like this I would never have the heart to part company with them. That's just my personal view as I know you get your pleasure from building layouts rather than operating them. Will certainly be sad to see them depart from the forum though.

Cheers

Marcus

I am sure both layouts will find new owners easily and I can imagine members of Andy's club will snap them up. Many remain of his past layouts remain on the show circuit with new owners. Tempted by this layout myself I must admit!

Thanks Marcus and Andy, Pencarne cant be put up For Sale until after the Photo Shoot in October, once that has gone to a good home, I will have room to start on it's replacement.

• Like 1

Nice work as usual Andy.....love the harbor corner.. 10/10 for the water.... :)

Thanks Dave, I wanted to portray a mucky silted up Harbour, I used to spend a lot of Time in Topsham when my Parents lived there, and just walking around the Harbour and the smell of Seaweed is something I just love. Now I live just 3 miles from the point in England that is the furthest from the sea, and yet I can still smell that seaweed when I think of it.

Thanks again for your scoring system, hahha

• Like 1

Thanks Dave, I wanted to portray a mucky silted up Harbour, I used to spend a lot of Time in Topsham when my Parents lived there, and just walking around the Harbour and the smell of Seaweed is something I just love. Now I live just 3 miles from the point in England that is the furthest from the sea, and yet I can still smell that seaweed when I think of it.

Thanks again for your scoring system, hahha

That's what the smell was on Friday....bloody seaweed Hahahahahaha, l know what you mean mate l used to work on my late fathers boat in the creek at stamshaw long before the ferry port, in the late 60s and can still recall the smell of the seaweed and mud at low tide ? stays with you forever....

• RMweb Premium

That's what the smell was on Friday....bloody seaweed Hahahahahaha, l know what you mean mate l used to work on my late fathers boat in the creek at stamshaw long before the ferry port, in the late 60s and can still recall the smell of the seaweed and mud at low tide ? stays with you forever....

Tarred rope.

• Like 1

• RMweb Gold

Cheers

Marcus

Marcus,

Andy loves operating, he spends hours shunting ... so by now he has exhausted all the combinations hence he is looking for his next challenge(s)!  The thought of selling and planning something new has upped his mojo considerably in the last few weeks.

Peter

• Like 3

Cheers Peter,

Some pics from what may well be the LAST photo shoot from me on Porth Merryn, I hope you enjoy them.

post-9335-0-87252200-1467912297_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-49764600-1467912363_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-94264200-1467912415_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-68313100-1467912476_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63177700-1467912567_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63037800-1467912627_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-20316000-1467912685_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46987100-1467912742_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-05403400-1467912810_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-89348400-1467912865_thumb.jpg

Thanks Guys and Gals for ALL your support.

• Like 14