Porth Merryn, Small Cornish Fishing Port

Andrew P

It is certainly is coming along Andy.

Thanks  Andy, How's your Skaleby Layouts coming on mate?

Well done Andy, you have really cracked on mate.

Kind regards,

Nick.

Hi Nick, Thanks mate, how's your Horrabrridge Layout coming on?

Thanks  Andy, How's your Skaleby Layouts coming on mate?

Been busy sorting out the layout room so no progress this week. I did manage to run Skaleby West the other day though. Got a few new ideas for North Yard.

• Like 2

On Tuesday night I went up to the Club and painted a scene to hide the Fiddle Yard on Peter BB's Swad Lane, I now need to do a similar thing for the Back Scene to Porth Merryn as its viewed from the Jetty just out in the Harbour.

post-9335-0-11702700-1460121494_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-69143000-1460121512_thumb.jpg

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 10

I've decided to use SMP Finescale Track mixed with Peco Code 75 Points so some work was required to make up the Sleeper height difference. I found some fine Plasticard that sorted out the height difference, and so marked the position of the Points and laid the Plasticard between them. It was then painted with some Black, Blackboard Paint to hide the bright Yellow colour and so will be dry by the morning so that I can make a start on laying the Track.

The Points will be wired Live Frog and worked by Gaugemaster PM1 for the switching.

• Like 6

Hi Andy

Great layout as always. If you don't mind me asking, where did you get the hinges for the fold over fiddle yard?

Thanks Simon

Hi Simon and thanks for the compliments, Re the hinges, well I've probably had them 30 PLUS years, so not a clue I'm afraid, this is the last pair of about 8 or 10 that were in the draw.

• Like 1

Well I did manages  to get the Track down today, next job will be to turn it over and connect up the Droppers and fit the Point Motors, then a couple of weeks of Testing to ensure all is well before Ballasting and getting on with the Scenic's.

post-9335-0-26550500-1460391800_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-41104500-1460391820_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-28929700-1460391836_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-00357500-1460391855_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-44191500-1460391869_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-46428400-1460391894_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-63102600-1460391910_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-15051700-1460391929_thumb.jpg

post-9335-0-13797200-1460391951_thumb.jpg

• Like 15

Hi Andy.

What this layout needs is a nice weathered green class 22. Just like the one you sold me at the RMweb Open Day at Stafford all those years ago! :mail: You were modelling a more recent Scottish layout at the time.

Ed

Hi Andy.

What this layout needs is a nice weathered green class 22. Just like the one you sold me at the RMweb Open Day at Stafford all those years ago! :mail: You were modelling a more recent Scottish layout at the time.

Ed

YES, Ed, I had to replace that one (what a way to do money) and also add another to the Fleet for Pencarne so they will both get a turn on here. Glad you like it, there a sweet runner.

I also SOLD the Class 26 and 27's when I sold Glen Roy, but the other night I was planning a small Scottish Harbour Layout using Glen Roy's Track plan but adding a Quayside, WILL I EVER LEARN? hahhahaha.

Edited by Andrew P
  • Like 3

Well I did manages  to get the Track down today, next job will be to turn it over and connect up the Droppers and fit the Point Motors, then a couple of weeks of Testing Playing trains to ensure all is well before Ballasting and getting on with the Scenic's.

Small typo fixed :jester:

Porth Merryn is looking really good.

• Like 1

Hi Andy

I'd read that there was ANOTHER new layout on the way. Missed the start of Porth Merryn, and it's already at 4 pages so been catching up with it tonight.

Maybe it's time to have a word with Andy Y about adding a new section to Layout & Workbench Content...

.... Black Country Blues an RMweb project

Layout Topics

Andys Layout Topics

etc

etc

Porth Merryn looks like it's going to be a little gem - enjoy!

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

Hi Bodge

I still think it would look better with a Waggonbasher in the bay and a BTH type 1 shunting vans down to the cockle sheds.

Hi Clive, did they win any awards for being the UGLYEST Passenger Vehicle ever produced? hahhahhaha :no:  :no: :no:  :no:  :no:  

Edited by Andrew P

Small typo fixed :jester:

Porth Merryn is looking really good.

Looking great Andy - another great layout from your production line. Just getting over the shock that you no longer own Glen Roy. That was a great layout too.

Hi Andy

I'd read that there was ANOTHER new layout on the way. Missed the start of Porth Merryn, and it's already at 4 pages so been catching up with it tonight.

Maybe it's time to have a word with Andy Y about adding a new section to Layout & Workbench Content...

.... Black Country Blues an RMweb project

Layout Topics

Andys Layout Topics

etc

etc

Porth Merryn looks like it's going to be a little gem - enjoy!

Cheers

Alan

Cheers Guys, Thanks for all your support.

• Like 2

I also SOLD the Class 26 and 27's when I sold Glen Roy, but the other night I was planning a small Scottish Harbour Layout using Glen Roy's Track plan but adding a Quayside, WILL I EVER LEARN? hahhahaha.

It like a bl**dy production line, Henry Ford would have been proud of you. :declare:

I feel for the good people of Pencarne as I think their pub has been stolen and moved to Porth Merryn.

Fear not young man, for tis only a temporary thing till new Building are made for Porth Merryn and normality will be back at Pencarne.