Thought I'd put this up- my latest thingy. Based on some imaginary sidings used for parcels traffic on the LB&SCR side of Victoria Station. It handles all non-newspaper related parcels traffic for the South Coast and beyond, with most traffic going out via Redhill where it is re-marshalled. A pilot loco moves stuff around and into other parts of the station as required, for example for attachment to Newhaven boat trains and the like. Because of the limited space, empty vans are tripped to and from Clapham Junction sidings. Additionally the odd 'platform diversion' will see a 2 car EMU pop up

As can be seen, the layout is unfinished (those who know me can stop guffawing now!) . Work still to be done includes fitting the third rail to the main platform road, adding a building to the platforn, doing something to the waste ground at the front of the layout and tidying up the bridge area.

post-14427-0-21480600-1459681940_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bungus the Fogeyman
  • Like 6

This is very cool. I really enjoyed looking at the pictures in the first posts, very realistic. Authentically cramped yet with a feeling of space (f that makes any sense), and then I found out the visible area is only a couple a feet long. Awesome! Much respect.

Ian

Nice one, Dave! Saw a pic of it in the Scottish Exhibition guide this year, although I didn't get up there this year, sadly. Keep micro-ing, mate! Looks good and a really nice concept. you need a 73 on it, I reckon - single newspaper van trains to the south coast resorts? Didn't Weymouth get a service like this in the 1980s? Will get in touch with you shortly, now we've moved house. All the best, as ever. Jules

Ian- thank you for those kind words. In the spirit of mutual admiration, may I say how much im enjoying 'British Oak'- my sort of micro layout. Small, but with purpose. Looks like it would keep you amused over the course of a 2 day show....

Julian- thanks for your kind words too. The class 73 in the early blue livery is on its way, George Woodcock has offered to do a repaint job for me. We can get away with more than single van trains too! It'll be at Dave Nelhams bash at Minehead in August if youre about.

Disgusting of Market Harborough

• 1 month later...

Those of you in the Midlands may be interested to know that Victoria will be appearing at Corby and District MRSs summer do at Wilbarston Village Hall on Sunday 12th June. Wilbo, as it is locally known , can be found on the A427 between Corby and Market Harborough. Kick off is 10am.

Edited by Bungus the Fogeyman

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Nice to know theres some interest! Preparing for its fourth show at ExmoorRail in Minehead next Saturday....hopefully the teething troubles with the Class 73 will be sorted and it will make its public debut , and something will have happened with the waste ground at the front of the layout- even if its just fenced off! The platforn building and detailing the roadway is coming along nicely too. I'll put some photos up soon

• Like 2

• RMweb Gold

Nice to know theres some interest! Preparing for its fourth show at ExmoorRail in Minehead next Saturday....hopefully the teething troubles with the Class 73 will be sorted and it will make its public debut , and something will have happened with the waste ground at the front of the layout- even if its just fenced off! The platforn building and detailing the roadway is coming along nicely too. I'll put some photos up soon

Careful Dave, you might finish it.

Mike.

• RMweb Gold

As if Richard!............its one I've had in mind for ages. You just beat me to actually doing it with Acacia Avenue!.....

Yeah! I know!

Great minds think alike!

Seriously though, its a subject that does not seem to be modelled very much, which is a shame as quite interesting!

Got me thinking about another small layout project as well .....

• Like 1