The Kings Cross Layout Mid 50's to Mid 60's

Alex_Clements@KX

Thanks very much. I'm on holiday ATM, but I think I do have have some measurements that you can have. I shall dig them out when I get back. My Kings Cross can also be in the BR Blue era, will be doing a running session in the future.

Thanks for that Alex will look forward to seeing the Blue Era running session on You Tube, Have a good Holiday.

• Like 1

Just catching up on this thread, and congratulations on this brilliant layout Alex. But I don't know how accurate you aim to be with buildings etc. ,because in post 69, that looks like an ash plant ? If so, there wasn't an ash plant at Top Shed, nor at the station loco. Indeed I don't think there was one of that type any where on the ECML, at least up to York as I remember, but I would stand corrected on that.

Regards, Roy.

Just catching up on this thread, and congratulations on this brilliant layout Alex. But I don't know how accurate you aim to be with buildings etc. ,because in post 69, that looks like an ash plant ? If so, there wasn't an ash plant at Top Shed, nor at the station loco. Indeed I don't think there was one of that type any where on the ECML, at least up to York as I remember, but I would stand corrected on that.

Regards, Roy.

Hi Roy,

Thanks for looking, I think the loco shed will be more of modelers license, as there is no space to create the real Top Shed, and i wanted to have an ash plant somewhere. But Kings Cross will be as accurate as I can make it.

Regards Alex

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...
  • RMweb Premium

Alex,

I’ve just found your thread, and I’m blown away by the scale of your ambition - fantastic. I am considering Kings Cross in the 1950s as my ‘layout of a lifetime’, but just the station as far as gas works tunnel. I thought that was ambitious!

Have you written your layout up anywhere - construction techniques, control, etc.?

Looking forward to the next update.

Andy