electrofrog point isolations?

PeteN92

Thanks. Had a quick look at the PL-12 website. It talks about using it with a PL-10 for surface mounting. Is that what you were thinking of rather than PL-11s or GM20s? I have a six-lane sidings and would need to get extended arms to a lot of the 12 points.

You can mount a PL10E motor on a PL9 base below the baseboard, and link that to a PL12 on top of the baseboard if you don't want to mount the PL10 on top.

As long as the extension arm is free to move and straight the length makes little difference.

I think I see. I need to find a place for the PL-10e's below the baseboard using PL-9s, away from the supports and in places I can get at but opposite the points levers. I run the 10e pins through the board to the PL-12s above and use extension arms to get to the point levers. I couldn't figure out how they can run under the track and yet get over the motor arm lever pin but I now see from a photo that the extension arms have Z shape pieces at the ends to go over the pin, if I understand them correctly. Or alternatively I could just put a PL-10 above the board at the side somewhere, connecting to the PL-12 and run the arms from there.  I have a spare PL-10e and PL-9 so will get a PL-12 plus extension and give it a try. Thanks, Suzy.

• Like 1