N gauge Tube wagon?

andy stroud

Does anybody know if Bachmann have any plans to release the long wheelbase Tube wagon in N gauge?  Both the Pipe and Tube are fairly new in OO but so far only the Pipe has been released in N.

Many thanks

Andy

When they make an announcement you'll know... I'm sorry I cannot be of much help, but if anyone does know I don't think it's right for them to leak such information out.

The Chivers kit is very good if an RTR one isn't forthcoming; the 2mm Association etched chassis makes it even better.

I believe it's still available via Roger Chivers' son, who trades as SlimRails. That's how I sourced mine a few years back.

Pix

• RMweb Premium

Does anybody know if Bachmann have any plans to release the long wheelbase Tube wagon in N gauge?  Both the Pipe and Tube are fairly new in OO but so far only the Pipe has been released in N.

Many thanks

Andy

Hi Andy,

I can't offer any information on Bachmann's future plans for a Farish tube and even if they announced one now it may be two or three years over the horizon.

However, it may be worth contacting Simon Chivers at Slimrails:

http://www.slimrails.co.uk/indexNgauge.html

He isn't listing the B.R. Tube at present but it may be worth asking if he has any plans to produce a batch. If you offer to buy a few it may persuade him and we could all enjoy the benefit! It's an excellent kit and well up to the usual quality of Chivers kits. I've done one with an added 2FS etched underframe but the original plastic one is very good. I've got a couple more to do but with my small layouts they take up a lot of room!

Incidentally, Transport Models in Preston (also on ebay as 'kitlady') sometimes have Chivers kits but they don't seem to have this one at present.

David

Edit: the Pixie beat me to it!

Thankyou Pixie and Dave for your replies which were very helpful. I must admit I have learnt something there. I don't think I had realised that Chivers did N gauge kits and I will take a look at what they offer. I did some of their 4mm 21 tonners several years ago and they were excellent.

They're a bit of a forgotten range, although supply hasn't always been continuous in the past which may not have helped awareness.

There's a few more than those listed - there's a Blue Spot fish van, an LMS Long Low, LMS Double Bolster and a GWR Open C which are also useful models.

Steve

They're a bit of a forgotten range, although supply hasn't always been continuous in the past which may not have helped awareness.

There's a few more than those listed - there's a Blue Spot fish van, an LMS Long Low, LMS Double Bolster and a GWR Open C which are also useful models.

Steve

IIRC the N gauge and 4mm range currently available were listed in Slimrails advert in a recent BRM with the current prices. Not sure if there is an ad in the current issue of BRM.

Regards,

Andy

Archived